Northumberland County Council operates a range of services across one of the largest counties in the UK. Local Government’s ongoing challenges and the diversity of our residents means we have to work smarter. That’s why we want bold, creative and agile thinkers who can help us move forward and innovate.
For further information about working for Northumberland County Council, please click here:http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/working
Kyloe House is a national Secure Children’s Home is located on Netherton Park situated near Stannington, Morpeth just off the A1 head north. Kyloe House provides secure placement for up to 14 young people, this includes a 2 bedded transition unit within the perimeter of Kyloe House. The age range is 12 to 17 years on admission, although young people can be accepted at age 10 with Secretary of State approval.
The service is regularly inspected by Ofsted, currently Kyloe House is rated as Good. It is crucial that everyone in our team is committed to the best safe care of our young people, can bring motivation and vitality to engage with young people to support and develop their abilities to return and live safely in their communities.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Kyloe House for a Band 3 Admin Assistant. You will work as part of a team to provide a wide range of clerical/administrative support which will include maintaining information systems, petty cash, ordering and processing invoices, arranging meetings, minute taking, monitoring and maintaining stock levels.
We are offering:
- Starting salary of £19,650 progressing up to £20,043
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (or other pension scheme)
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
- A supportive environment
- Experience in a similar role covering a broad range of support tasks and procedures.
- A good general education demonstrating numeracy and literacy.
- A sound working knowledge of computerised systems.
- Organise self and work without constant supervision, working to deadlines.
- Able to follow instructions and procedures without constant supervision.
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in a business-related discipline.
For further information please download the relevant Job Description.
The successful applicant for this post will be required to complete a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
For further information, please contact Julie Tinkler on 01670 785900.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.