We are looking to appoint a Deputy Supervisor who will contribute to the effective running of the Yorkcraft business and to support with the delivery of the employment programme to adults with disabilities.
This is an opportunity to join a small, hardworking and committed team.
Key tasks include:
- Line management of supported employees
- The development of existing skills of employees and encouraging new skills
- Providing practical support
- Recording and documenting training
- Assisting with the supervision of jobs to ensure customer specifications are met
- Contributing to production planning, quality assurance and optimising productivity
- Promoting health & safety issues and ensuring correct procedures are adhered to at all times
- Driving and forklift truck duties
The applicant must also be able to supervise a team of supported employees away from the factory site when working on external jobs.
As this role is public facing, applicants will need to demonstrate, at interview, their competency to converse and provide advice and guidance to members of the public, in spoken English to CEFR level C2: Can express him/herself spontaneously at length with a natural conversational flow, avoiding or backtracking around any difficulty so smoothly that the person with whom they are conversing is hardly aware of it.
The Council is committed to investing in the talent and wellbeing of our staff and can offer a generous annual leave allowance, access to the Local Government Pension Scheme, comprehensive Health & Wellbeing initiatives and a reward package which recognises your contribution. We can offer flexible working practices, community engagement and volunteer activities and, as part of our commitment to you, promote continuous Learning & Development. In addition we also offer a growing range of discounts, rewards and savings.
For further information or an informal discussion please contact Maria Melling (Supported Employment and Business Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01904 552705.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.