“Thank you for your interest in joining the Broadwalk Children’s Home team. Broadwalk Children’s Home, consistently rated as “Outstanding” by Ofsted, offers short and medium term residential care for up to five young people aged between 11 – 18 as well as an outreach service. It is an exciting time to join the team as we have recently re-organised the service to build on what we do really well; we have also created additional capacity so that we can develop new and innovative approaches to continue improving outcomes for children, young people and their families.
Here in Greenwich Children’s Services we believe that all children and young people regardless of their background or circumstances, should have a happy and fulfilled childhood where they learn, belong, grow and achieve so that they enter adulthood ready, willing and able to achieve their highest potential.
Our ambition is to ensure we provide effective, efficient and safe services informed by the views and experiences of children, young people, their families, staff and our partners. We want to work in purposeful collaboration and involvement with children, young people and families rather than working for or doing to people.
To achieve this, we need skilled, competent, confident, compassionate, motivated and creative staff who want to work in a culture of continuous learning, mutual support and challenge.
If this sounds like you then we would like to hear from you; we have a vacancy for a Children’s Home Practitioner that I hope will be of interest to you.”.
Florence Kroll, Director of Children’s Services
Come and join us as a Children’s Home Practitioner
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Children’s Home Practitioner
You will be joining an ambitious service with strong leadership and clear lines of support. There will be a dedicated induction and training / development programme and time set aside for quality reflective supervision.
What is it like to be part of the Broadwalk Team?
What Team members say:
“I am just as enthusiastic today as the first day I started. I love what this home stands for”
“We are young people-focused: nurturing and enabling them to be the best they can be”
What other professionals say:
“Going above and beyond to help young people”
“Committed and passionate”
“An excellent place for children looked after, and an excellent team”
“I continue to be impressed by this team and the impressive care and support it provides to young people”
To be a children’s home practitioner at Broadwalk, you will need:
- The ability to communicate well with a wide range of people from different backgrounds
- To be able to interpret and respond to children and young people’s needs with sensitivity and patience
- The ability to help people cope with painful situations and decisions
- To be able to anticipate and cope with demanding and stressful situations
- An open-mind, flexibility and the ability to cope with change
- To be self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Strong organisational and negotiating skills
- To enjoy working as part of a team
- An understanding of appropriate legislation.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- An NVQ3/Workforce Diploma in Children and Young People or be working towards its completion. If however, you do not currently hold such a qualification, you must achieve such a level 3 qualification within 2 years of the date you start employment with Royal Greenwich
- Substantial experience of working with young people within a residential home, with an understanding of some of the complex issues many children and young people in care may have.
- Knowledge of child development and the effect of trauma
- Awareness of the existence and effects of social disadvantage and discrimination
- Aspirations to “make a difference” and a view to practice in a restorative way
- A positive, adaptable, confident, resilient and self-aware approach to work
- A committed and flexible attitude, a sense of humour will also help!
You will need to be reliable and flexible; be prepared to work unsociable hours, including evenings, weekends, bank holidays and sleep over’s.
If you feel you have the necessary background, experience and skills to undertake this role we would like to hear from you.
Please include a supporting statement with your application, addressing how your skills, knowledge and experience would enable you to meet all aspects of the post, as indicated in the job description and person specification.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.