Do you want a challenging and rewarding career with real opportunities to change the lives of people in Northumberland, if you are dynamic, dedicated and enthusiastic then we want to hear from you.
World renowned as a visitor destination, Northumberland is also the ideal location to strike a perfect work/life balance. What better way of enjoying the picturesque scenery and stunning coastline than to sample it on an everyday basis?
Our Vision is: “To make Northumberland a county which you regard as a great place to live, and in which you can access the things you enjoy, whilst having the opportunity to learn and thrive” Our Plan is to focus on:
- Living - we want you to feel safe, healthy and cared for
- Enjoying - we want you to love where you live
- Connecting - we want you to have access to the things you need
- Learning - we want you to achieve and realise your potential
- Thriving - we want to attract more and better jobs For further information about working for Northumberland County Council, please click here: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/working
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
- Salary £19,650-£20,043 (Band 3)
- 25 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays (rising to 30 after 5 years of service) (pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexi scheme applicable to majority of roles
- Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
- A commitment to work-life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, home working, flexible working, part-year working, and compressed hours
- Car Leasing Scheme
Please visit: https://www.northumberland.gov.uk/About/Working-for-Northumberland-County-Council.aspx for more information regarding our benefits.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Elections Team. You will have a key role to play in ensuring that the electoral register is maintained and accurate, and assist with the delivery of numerous election types that Northumberland County Council carry out.
The role will cover a range of tasks including data input, dealing with postal vote and proxy applications from the public, being aware of procedures to detect and prevent fraud, deal with incoming and outgoing post in accordance with established procedures and assist senior members of the election team.
We are looking for a team player with sufficient numeracy and literacy skills, who are able to work on their own initiative and work flexibly to cater for the varying demands of the role.
You should be experienced in using spreadsheet packages to produce analysis and reports.
In accordance with service demands provide general office services such as photocopying, collation, fax, lamination, binding. Respond to enquiries both verbally and by email, giving advice on electoral regulations and elections
Whilst predominately working from home or County Hall there may be occasions to be located elsewhere within the county during election periods.
Other duties appropriate to the nature, level and grade of the post
Please refer to the job description and person specification for full details: For further information please email Stephanie.Chipperfield@northumberland.gov.uk.
Please note that this is a permanent position but applications on a secondment or part time basis would be considered for the right applicant. For guidance on completing your application and for information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please check the Northumberland Council Website.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.