Do you want a challenging and rewarding career with real opportunities to change the lives of people in Northumberland, if you are dynamic, dedicated and enthusiastic then we want to hear from you.
We are a passionate and growing recruitment team found within the HR/OD service here at Northumberland County Council (NCC), dealing with all recruitment processes from advertising, shortlisting, interviewing and to hiring exciting new/existing members of the NCC family. This role adds to the long-term ambition of the recruitment vision we have in the team and are really excited in this opportunity expand the recruitment team.
We are looking for an ambitious individual with a key passion for recruitment, this role will allow you to make a positive impact on the recruitment process and to build our reputation as a top employer. This exciting opportunity offers to chance to oversee the recruitment here at NCC, as well as supporting the Job evaluation and redeployment process which is key to our continued development and growth of the Recruitment team.
We are focused on improving the inclusivity of NCC as a whole organisation and we believe this starts here in our recruitment team, this role will allow for greater networking within the organisation and to improve our opportunities for internal and external candidates.
Our main focus within the team is to provide the best possible service to our customers; whether that be candidates or hiring managers, we are here to make a real difference and help NCC hire the right person for every role.
We want every candidate irrespective of being successful or not to have a professional experience from the moment they apply. We are looking for an enthusiastic HR Recruitment Assistant to support the wider organisation, to ensure the provision of a high quality recruitment service.
We are looking for someone with a proven background in HR, with added recruitment and administration experience. The role covers the entire life cycle of the recruitment process from advertising to pre employment checks to issuing contract documentation and supporting the candidate onboarding process.
You will have good IT skills and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will be self motivated and able to manage your own workload in a range of environments. This is an exciting role where no two days are the same.
We are offering:
- A starting salary of £20,444 (rising to £22,129) 25 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays (rising to 30 after 5 years of service)(pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexi scheme applicable to majority of roles
- Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
- Flexible working arrangements including the opportunity to work agilely
- Educated to level 2 standard or can demonstrate an equivalent portfolio of experience
- A good level of education (GCSE at grade c for example)
- Has or is willing to undertake Foundation Certification (Level 3) in CIPD
- Has a proven background in HR and/or recruitment
- Administrative support in an office environment
- Knowledge of the main operational and procedural issues relating to the service
- Demonstrates an awareness and commitment to proactive service
For further information about this vacancy, please see the job description and person specification here
For an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Jag Stockham, Lead HR Advisor – Recruitment Team Manager on Jag.Stockham@northumberland.gov.uk.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.