We are WorkwithYork and we are working with our client to find a Development Management Assistant. You will join a friendly team assessing a caseload of planning applications and pre-application enquiries primarily for householder and minor developments.
This is a full time temporary assignment, Monday – Friday for 3 months. The role is partly working from home and York city centre. The pay rate is £16 per hour.
This role involves:
- Processing householder planning applications, consulting, assessing, advising, negotiating and making recommendations.
- You will take into account representations from the internal and external consultees, members of the public and all relevant information, then seek amendments or make a recommendation to approve or to refuse that application.
- You’ll process formal permission requests and assist Enforcement Officers with investigations of alleged policy breaches.
- You will work as part of a team responding to service requests, advising on general enquiries related to planning procedures and policies and helping interpret plans.
- Have Local Government planning and knowledge of Development Management system
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, policy and guidelines
- Proven ability to read, scale and interpret plans
- Ability to communicate technical issues in a clear and concise manner
- Good communication, IT and advisory skills
We are looking for someone to start asap, so please apply today!
To apply for this vacancy, you must be able to work in the United Kingdom.
For more information, please contact Andrew on 01904 566066 and to apply please visit the WorkwithYork website.
Regrettably we are unable to respond to every application we receive.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.