We are looking for an inspirational Principal Educational Psychologists to join our multi-agency team. Apply now and help make North Yorkshire a place of opportunity, where all children and young people are happy, healthy and achieving.
We are looking for strong, transformative leadership to expand our service and support the development of our SEND hubs and targeted provisions.
Our service includes:
- A strong traded arm with contracts including the Virtual School, Ministry of Defence and out of county schools with potential for increased growth and development.
- Embedded support to our new Targeted Mainstream provisions, including delivering a therapeutic offer to children and young people when needed (all our Educational Psychologists are Cognitive Behavioural trained);
- Integral part of the SEND multi-disciplinary hubs working alongside our hub managers and specialist teams to provide holistic support for children and young people with SEND
- Project work within the SEND hubs - ensuring our services become truly cutting edge and evidence-based.
- Allocation of time to support research and recommendations for the children's workforce development in supporting children with SEND
- Oversight and quality assurance of contracted statutory assessments from locums and agency Educational Psychologists.
- Management of our critical incident processes
This really is an exciting time to join us and help fulfil our ambitions to develop innovative multidisciplinary working. We have established 4 locality hubs offering holistic support for children and young people with SEND, and we are developing a network of Targeted Mainstream Provisions in schools.
As a strong and inspirational leader, you will support our ambition to develop a strong Educational Psychology service with an outstanding reputation for its statutory and traded work, and which is an embedded and integral part of our SEND hubs. Supporting development of new provisions and services through the implementation of psychology, you will be a team player keen to influence and participate in wider service developments alongside other service leads and the Heads of Inclusion and SEND. Your creativity, ambition and understanding of the SEND landscape will support us to further expand our traded services offer, alongside our colleagues in North Yorkshire Education Services (NYES).
How to apply
For further information about the post please contact Cerys Townend (Head of Inclusion) via email email@example.com or by calling 07971 285 951 for an informal conversation.
To apply for this role, please visit our dedicated campaign site for further information on this role, the service and our comprehensive relocation policy.
Closing date: Sunday 12th June 2022
Interview date: TBC
Enhanced Level DBS Disclosure is required for appointment to this post.
NYCC are committed to directly recruiting staff and will not accept applications nor services from agency suppliers in respect of our vacancies.
We are committed to meeting the needs of our diverse community and aim to have a workforce reflecting this diversity. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.