STAR service is a Short Term Assessment and Reablement service provided by Sandwell Council providing care and support to people in their own home. The service plays a vital part in maintaining the independence of those living in the borough. The service works closely with health colleagues to support the Discharge to Assess (D2A) process with an emphasis on the ethos of ‘Home First’.
We are looking for x1 permanent Team Leader to assist us to deliver an enhanced customer experience that promotes well-being to local people in their local communities.
It is a 7-day service and Team Leaders work shifts between 7am and 11pm. You will be required to:
- Support the Team Manager, Deputy Manager and Co-ordinators to manage a team of staff to deliver Home Support services to support people in their own homes to promote independence
- Participation in the assessment and review of people who use the service
- Deal with day to day staffing issues and associated operational issues including staff supervision and appraisal
- Proactively promote partnership working and integration
- NVQ 2 in Social Care or equivalent (for example: promoting independence, Health & Social Care)
You will also be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check.
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
Information for applicants
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.