This post is for a Broker within the Adult’s Brokerage Team and is fixed term of up to 3 years (initially one year). There are 3 strategic teams within the Integrated Commissioning Division. This post forms part of the Brokerage Team. This team is split into three, one covering adult social care, one covering children’s placements and the third are responsible for providing support to Direct Payments recipients.
This post will provide an effective and efficient personalised commissioning (care brokerage) service for all users of the service (children looked after and vulnerable or elderly adults) in the sourcing and securing placements and care packages.
Although the work will be managed in small teams with a focus on either children or adults, there is an expectation that postholders will be knowledgeable and flexible to work across both cohorts.
The focus is on:
• Sourcing and arranging high quality placements and care packages
• Negotiating cost breakdowns and ensuring value for money
• Identify and suggest alternative more cost-effective services.
• Maximise the use of inhouse provision and frameworks.
• To gather and analyse information from a range of services to support the quality assurance processes and commissioning activities.
• Supporting the management of the provider market
• Developing and maintaining relationships with providers.
If you have the right skills and experience and would be interested to know more please contact Jackie Wyse on 7762 or Sally Clulow on 6116 for an informal discussion
Please create / log into your account and then click 'apply'. If you have any queries or want an application form in another format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01782 238189.
In order to apply for this vacancy, you must be able to supply the required answers to the following questions:
- Do you have the Right to Work in the UK?