Northumberland County Council operates a huge range of services across one of the largest counties in the UK. Local Government’s ongoing challenges and the diversity of our residents means we have to work smarter. That’s why we want bold, creative and agile thinkers who can help us move forward and innovate.
For further information about working for Northumberland County Council, please click here: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/working
The Council’s Economy and Regeneration Service is investing heavily in towns and communities across Northumberland, creating opportunities for our residents and businesses. This includes establishing a new capital regeneration delivery team to lead on the development and implementation of major economic growth projects. The focus of the team’s work will be on the transformational £70m Energising Blyth programme and the high-profile £166m Northumberland Line project, which seeks to bring passenger trains back into service between Ashington and Newcastle.
This is a hugely exciting opportunity to play an important role in the Council’s new Regeneration Delivery Team, charged with delivering our ambitious regeneration proposals. Reporting directly to the Projects Officer, you will support the delivery of a portfolio of high impact capital projects, including a new flagship culture centre; education and innovation facilities; industrial, commercial, leisure, and residential developments; and significant sustainable transport infrastructure.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and driven project co-ordination professional with relevant experience to support the successful development and delivery of complex, multi-million pound capital projects and programmes. You will play a critical role in the new team utilising your excellent organisational and administration skills to enable lead officers to develop and deliver this high profile programme.
The post will be varied and busy as projects develop and you will draw on your experience of Local Authority Governance and effectively co-ordinate various high level boards and multiple internal and external meetings. You will need to apply your skills to a wide range of interesting tasks from updating key programme documents to supporting engagement and communications activities that will collectively help to move our plans forward at a rapid pace.
In time, it is expected that the team’s role may expand further to take on other exciting regeneration projects elsewhere in the County.
This post is co-funded by the council and the Department of Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC) to March 2025, with potential to extend (subject to funding).
We want to hear from experienced project support professionals who share our commitment to making a genuine difference for people and businesses in our town.
A full list of the duties and key result areas are set out in the Job Description and Person Specification here.
We are offering:
- A starting salary of £22,571(Band 5 £22,571 - £24,920)
-25 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays (rising to 30 after 5 years of service)(pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
- Flexible working arrangements
Essential requirements: (for a full list see the JD and Person Spec)
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a good level of theoretical, practical and procedural knowledge relating to both performance and budget control
- Demonstrate experience of working for a Local Authority ideally in regeneration delivery in a support capacity and in a project management environment including developing and updating a range of project documentation and reports
- Adopt a collaborative approach to work.
- Evidence experience of providing practical support to ensure the successful delivery of projects, events and activities.
- Follow instructions and implement procedures related to project support without supervision, working independently and taking the initiative
For further information about this vacancy, please contact Lara Baker, Regeneration Delivery Programme Manager by email: email@example.com or tel: 07919 217457 for an informal discussion.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.