To work flexibly as part of a team to provide an efficient, effective and comprehensive county wide administrative business support service across C&FS localities, maintaining a high-quality responsive customer service for both internal and external customers.
- RSA II or equivalent typing/word processing qualification.
- Good standard of written and spoken English and Mathematics to GCSE A-C or equivalent qualification he importance of customer service.
- Knowledge of the importance of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the importance of equal opportunities.
- Knowledge of the work of Children and Family Services
- Customer care experience: working with staff, service users, visitors etc. at all levels both within a local authority and externally
- Working in an administrative, financial, secretarial setting (i.e. experience in a range of clerical and financial tasks incl. word processing, filling, photocopying, faxing, message taking, data input)
- Using Microsoft Office including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point to a high standard
- The preparation / production of reports, spreadsheets, correspondence and other documentation
- Experience of maintaining computer-based and manual record systems
- Organising tasks to meet competing priorities
- Working as a Team
- Experience of working in a multi-agency/team setting
- To have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and to be able to communicate clearly and accurately by telephone and in person with a wide range of people, within and outside the Department.
- To produce accurate written documents e.g. letters, notes etc.
- To be self-motivated and able to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- To work quickly and accurately to deadlines meeting priorities.
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills and knowledge
- To have the ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- To have a flexible approach and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage sometimes challenging and potentially confrontational situations with continued professionalism
- Smart appearance commensurate to the duties of the post.
- The ability to work out of office hours occasionally
- To be able to travel and work at other bases
Please see the Job Description / Person Specification which are attached further down on this page.
For informal enquires please contact Sharon Wright, Email: Sharon.Wright@leics.gov.uk Tel: 0116 305 5966
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.