We are looking for three Accounts Receivable Credit Controllers to join our new Collections team at East Midland Shared Services from 1st October 2022. This is an exciting opportunity to work in local government managing a sundry debt ledger for multiple partner councils.
The applicants will be required to work in a high quality, fast paced, busy Finance Shared Service environment and must be efficient and effective with a strong focus on Customer Service and achieving results. Experience of B2B debt collections is essential along with a good understanding of transactional finance. A good degree of excel knowledge and spreadsheet management is required, vlookups and pivot table knowledge would be advantageous.
The applicants must also be able to learn quickly and identify process improvements where possible. Able to work as part of a close-knit team and have the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with customers, colleagues and partner contacts. Collections will require telephone activity (inbound and outbound) as well as email and written communication.
Our team is really excited to be able to create these opportunities as we continue to develop and grow our service.
As part of Leicestershire County Council employees are also able to join a generous pension scheme as well as access to multiple free training courses. We are also proud to promote diversity and have a keen focus on staff wellbeing.
- Demonstrate ability to reduce aged debt levels.
- Business to Business collections experience.
- Query Management and general receivables experience.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Good Planning and organisational skills.
- Result Focused, Self-Motivated and Tenacious.
- Attention to detail with a focus on accuracy and quality.
Please see the Job Description / Person Specification which are attached further down on this page.
For informal enquires please contact Rachael Onions, Tel: 0116 3051200 Email: email@example.com
Benefits of working for us
As an employee of Leicestershire County Council, you will benefit from:
- Being in a position to make a difference to the people and communities of Leicestershire & Nottingham
- The opportunity to join the Local Government Pension Scheme worth up to 3.7k per year.
- Working for a secure industry
- Remote – Home Working
- Access to a cycle to work scheme and lease car scheme (subject to qualifying conditions)
- Access to a professional counselling service
- Multiple Training and career development opportunities and online courses.
- An occupational sick pay scheme
- Access to a range of local and national discounts on shopping, eating out, bus travel, health clubs and much more
Positive work life balance
To support our employees to achieve a positive balance between their work and home commitments, we offer the following:
- Generous annual leave entitlements (between 24 and 35 days per year depending on your grade and length of service)
- Smarter working arrangements including working compressed hours and home working
- A range of family friendly policies including maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave. We’re also a fostering friendly employer – foster carers that also work for the county council receive paid fostering leave when it’s needed.
- The opportunity to join our workers’ groups (Disabled Workers’ Group, BAME Staff Network, LGBT+ Staff Network, Working Carers’ Group)
- Special leave provisions for employees with caring responsibilities.
Health and wellbeing
- Discounted local gym membership
- Free eye test (if your job involves using a computer)
- The opportunity to join our workers groups (disabled workers’ group; BAME staff network; lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans network; working carers’ group)
- Access to a confidential employee counselling service
- Advice and support from an occupational health service when required
- A range of activities to support health and wellbeing including mindfulness sessions, exercise groups, menopause support network, and a singing for fun group
- Support to stop smoking
- We promote the use of standing desks and walking meetings
- On-site shower and changing facilities.
We particularly welcome applicants from black, minority, ethnic (BME) communities, disabled people and lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities, as they are currently under represented within our workforce.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.