Please note this role will be offered as a fixed-term contract until March 2025.
Active Essex, the strategic lead for sport and physical activity in greater Essex, is recruiting a Marketing and Comms Officer to join our Marketing and Communications team. The successful candidate will have experience in marketing, communications, digital and social media platforms and will require you to deliver effective marketing, communications, social media, and design work to support the impact, development, and delivery of the Active Essex strategic plan – “Fit for the Future” and its key priorities,
It will be ideal for the candidate to have good knowledge of the full marketing mix across all media platforms and be able to demonstrate experience of using creative and innovative delivery methods effectively.
The candidate will lead on the ‘Essex ActivAte’ holiday activity and food programme, as well as support the wider Active Essex comms work. The successful candidate will be proactive, have a willingness to learn and adapt to grow our brand profile to inspire and support residents across the county to be physically active.
Alongside the Essex ActivAte programme, you will have the responsibility of providing flexible support across all aspects of the Active Essex business and portfolio of projects, programmes and campaigns; this currently includes, behaviour change campaigns, social/digital marketing, PR and event planning, as well as website management.
Active Essex and Essex County Council currently adopts a hybrid working model, with this role being an “anywhere worker”. However, the team meeting will take place in the Chelmsford admin base approximately once or twice a week.
- Design and deliver innovative marketing material to strengthen and promote the Essex ActivAte, holiday activity and food programme.
- Develop and deliver, alongside the comms team, a multi-channel marketing, internal and external (B2B, B2C and B2G) communication, exploiting the use of digital
- Review and analyse the impact of marketing activity to ensure marketing collateral is cost effective and increases engagement
- Utilise and create content for our various platforms such as social media, email marketing and PR, with messaging, assets and advertising
- Story gather and highlight the impact of the Essex ActivAte programme and wider Active Essex work through social media, film, infographics and reporting
- Assisting the team with wider campaigns and events, utilising your skills of design, story gathering, OASIS plans and build audience engagement through user generated content
- Build strong working relationships within the Active Essex team, to deliver joint objectives, which are mutually beneficial
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to A level with a qualification in marketing, communications or digital & social media or equivalent by experience
- An all-rounder, with strong, creative, analytical and communication skills, with good knowledge of the full marketing mix across all media platforms with experience of developing and delivering marketing collateral
- To be familiar with a variety of social media platforms and confident in copywriting
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite would be preferable, Adobe InDesign in particular
- Ability to work as part of a larger team and across multiple other teams, managing time effectively in a fast-paced sector with the need to work reactively
- Evidence of implementing multi-channel marketing campaigns that encourage behaviour change, inspire, and promote opportunities to help develop and strengthen organisations
- Evidence of good interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong working relationships and communicate clearly and accurately to a variety of audiences
- Be excited to work as part of a small but growing team, be self-motivated and proactive, ready to roll up your sleeves, learn quickly and venture out of your comfort zone.
Why Essex? Essex County Council has a location to be proud of. Our 1,300 square miles stretch from Constable Country to the Thames Estuary, from the dynamic M11 corridor to the traditional seaside resorts of Clacton and Walton. England’s oldest town, Colchester, and two of its newest – Basildon and Harlow – are right here. Along with the City of Chelmsford, the county town, they form our major population centres. It means real choice and makes Essex the ideal place for your career.
What you should do next If you are interested in finding out more about this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply via the Working for Essex website.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription, and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please go to https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
If you have queries on this role or require anything further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.