About the Post:
We are seeking a highly motivated staff member to join our fast paced and high performing Street Cleansing team within Neighbourhood Services, performing a vital function as a Specialist Operative.
The key duties associated with this role will include the following: -
· Undertaking operational duties outdoors in all weathers which will involve a range of physically and mentally demanding tasks.
· Be polite, friendly, and approachable ensuring compliance with BMBC customer care policies.
· Driving a council vehicle without trailers and use of powered, mechanical and hand tools to complete varied workloads.
· Working with chemicals such as pesticides, weed suppressants, fertilizers and construction materials to complete complex and varied workloads.
· Compliance to relevant legislative and health and safety requirements.
· Working to agreed schedules and workloads to ensure service priorities are met.
· Working to support the service as requested by management.
(This list is not exhaustive.)
The role will primarily be based at Smithies Lane Depot however this could be subject to change depending on service requirements. You will report directly to a Team Leader and will be expected to carry out allocated work in accordance with the respective job profile to a high standard of safety and quality.
You will have experience of working in all weather conditions, using a range of mechanical and powered tools combining relevant knowledge and experience, and will be able to undertake a wide range of duties, often under pressure to meet targets and deadlines while also always remaining effective and efficient.
You must hold a valid UK driving licence.
Please use the documents below to help support you with your application form.
Job Profile: Job Profile.pdf
Vacancy Exposure Profile: Exposure Profile.pdf
Help with your application form
Why work for us?
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.