Work, Earn and Learn
Kick-start your career with an apprenticeship based in Royal Borough of Greenwich. We provide ongoing learning and development with prospects for future progression.
An opportunity has arisen for four exceptional candidates to join the Royal Greenwich as apprentice Building Surveyors and one apprentice Quantity Surveyor. The Royal Borough of Greenwich [RBG] provides building surveying and quantity surveying services across all tenures, with a focus on providing high quality social housing for all our tenants and to support older and vulnerable residents to live independently in their own homes.
This rewarding opportunity will suit applicants who have a strong commitment to the delivery of high quality services to our residents, particularly those living in social housing and vulnerable residents across all tenures. The successful candidate will also need to understand the housing problems faced by older people and those with disabilities.
Why an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships give you the opportunity to gain vocational qualifications, whilst gaining valuable workplace skills and experience. Successful candidates will secure a fixed term contract in the council on a highly competitive apprenticeship salary and work towards a nationally recognised Apprenticeship leading to becoming a Building Surveyor.
You will receive:
- study release to gain a Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) accredited degree at London South Bank University
- further work experience and professional review by the RICS which could lead to becoming a Chartered Building Surveyor or Quantity Surveyor, following successful completion of the degree programme
- opportunity to work in various service areas across the Council to gain practical work experience (35 hours per week, including training)
In return, you will be expected to carry out tasks within each area to add to your work experience and contribute to the goals of the team.
The role will be supported by the Chartered Surveying Degree Apprenticeship – Building or Quantity Surveying BSc delivered by London South Bank University. Information about the course is here.
You may enter the programme at one of 2 stages, depending on your prior qualifications
Standard entry requirements (5 year programme)
Entry is based on a points system; the guide below shows the kinds of qualifications you must have and at what grade.
- A Level BBB or;
- BTEC National Diploma DDM or;
- Access to HE qualifications with 24 Distinctions 21 Merits or;
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 128 UCAS points
Advanced entry requirements (3 year programme)
For those holding a Level 4 qualification with specific grades, it may be possible to enter onto Level 5 of the course and 'top up' your existing qualification to a full degree. You can enter at this stage if you hold qualifications such as:
- BTEC HNC/HND in a Quantity Surveying/Building related subject
- Foundation Degree (FdSc) in Quantity Surveying/Building related subject
- Construction Surveying Technician Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship or;
- Cognate Level 4 qualification in Construction and Built Environment
Whether applying at standard or advanced level
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).
Applicants may wish to verify whether they hold the relevant qualifications and can do so by contacting RBG, or alternatively by checking LSBU’s course enquiries team on 020 7815 7500 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.