Are you an experienced childcare Lawyer with local government experience and looking for variety and challenge?
Royal Borough of Greenwich Legal Services is committed to being a high performing in-house legal service which plays an essential part in the achievement of the Borough’s priorities and objectives for the benefit of our community.
You will join us at an exciting time as the Royal Borough continues with its on-going ambitious regeneration programme.
We are seeking a Senior Lawyer (Safeguarding Children) to join our busy team dealing with a varied caseload and providing legal advice, support and representation to the council’s Directorate of Children’s Services. We are looking to recruit keen, talented and committed individuals to this role.
The main work includes:-
- Advising and providing legal representation to Social Workers discharging their Child Protection functions
- Attending Legal Planning Meetings to consider and advise on the issuing of care proceedings or invoking the Public Law Outline
- Attending Pre Proceedings Meetings with parents and external Lawyers
- Dealing with miscellaneous enquiries on the interpretation of the legislation with regard to the council’s duties and obligations and giving advice accordingly
- Liaising with Social Workers and others involved in the discharge of child protection duties and keeping them informed of the progress of matters and taking any other appropriate measures to ensure continued legal service delivery.
The successful candidate must be a Qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Chartered Legal Executive or equivalent and able to demonstrate experience of all aspects of the law relating to Safeguarding Children.
Benefits of working for us:
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 31 days annual leave after 5 years’ service.
- A range of flexible working arrangements
- Excellent pension scheme
- Annual season ticket loan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Learning and development opportunities to maximise your potential
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Support Networks
- Greenwich Card which entitles you to discounts at local businesses
- Payroll giving
- Generous leave entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
If you are interested in joining an accessible in house Team which is integral to shaping the future of the Royal Borough of Greenwich apply now.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Davidaire Horsford on 0208 921 6298
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.