Following an exciting and ambitious programme of change within Adult Social Care, we are currently in the implementation phase of our new service and are looking for Social Workers who are passionate about their professions to join our team to help us achieve our ambitions for the future.
We recognise that our workforce are best placed to design and embed new ways of working to achieve a modern social care service able to deliver the best outcomes for the people of Cumbria within a financially sustainable envelope. We have invested in additional Social Work posts, including the creation of a dedicated Safeguarding Team, and are looking to recruit to Social Worker and Senior Social Worker posts:
- To work in a team to undertake strengths-based assessments and deliver appropriate person centred support and outcomes for people in Cumbria with care and support needs
- To work in ways that promote independence, recognise potential for change, and through excellent practice, enable people to maximise their strengths
- To actively promote the work of Cumbria County Council internally and externally, on the development and delivery of continuously improving modern and competitive services for the people of Cumbria.
Long Term Assessment and Review Service
This team will support people, aged 18+, who are living in the community and have been identified as having longer term care and support needs. The service will work across health, social care and third sector organisations with a primary focus upon ensuring that all support plans:
- Include robust contingency plans that promote personal resilience to manage temporary changes in need or circumstance
- Demonstrate how people will meet their needs and aspirations from a range of sources, including friends, family, third sector, the community, equipment or assistive technology, as well as support services
Our vision for Adult Social Care is a place where people want to come and work, a workforce who feel supported, empowered, and valued for the great work they do; and to develop ways of working that promote greater independence, ensure best value for money whilst putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
This role requires an enhanced DBS check with an Adults Barred List check. Please note this role involves working in regulated activity with Adults.
Please read the supporting information:
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.