We now have an exciting opportunity to join our team working as an Assertive Inreach Worker. The Assertive Inreach service helps people in hospital prior to discharge with accessing benefits and with referring to community services.
The role requires to assist hospital patients with mental health difficulties to maintain their home and finances during an in-patient stay and ensure they are ready for home leave or discharge. To assist in applying for Benefits and resolving benefits or debt related problems. To assist with connecting individuals with neighbourhood/community services to promote independence.
The Assertive Inreach is a developing service, and you will be participating in piloting aspects of the service to establish the needs of the people that are in hospital.
- Experience of providing a service to individuals members of the public.
- Experience with working with people with Mental Health problems.
- Experience with contacting organisations in writing and by telephone.
- Understand benefits and debts issues that affect individuals and families.
- An ability to utilise community assets and neighbourhood services
- An ability to manage a caseload and prioritise risk appropriately
- An ability to positively motivate and identify strengths in individuals
- A confident communicator, working closely with partner agencies forging strong working relationships to enable collaborative working
The post holder will be provided with an office base, however due to the nature of the role you must have the ability to travel to other areas across the locality. Due to the pandemic, our staff are currently working from home. The working hours are Monday to Thursday 8.30 – 5pm and Friday 8.30 – 4.30pm. Flexible working can be considered.
To learn more about our brand new service model and for more information regarding the range of exciting opportunities we have within Adults Social Care, please click on the following link to hear from our Assistant Director, Heather Pick - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oveE6uSRIkg
Benefits of working for Leicestershire County Council: -
- Committed to providing an inclusive workplace
- Relocation package available
- Existing continuous service leave entitlement (plus 5 years) will be honoured
- Paid Social Work England registration
- Excellent health and wellbeing support available for employees
- Lease car scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
We particularly welcome applicants from black, minority, ethnic (BME) communities, disabled people and lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities, as they are currently under represented within our workforce. We are on a journey to be an inclusive department where a culture to celebrate equality, diversity and inclusion is embedded and discrimination challenged at every level together as a department. We warmly welcome those from all cultures, ethnicities and beliefs - this diversity is vital to our journey and is fundamental to our values and enriches the services we offer.
For more information on the benefits of working for Leicestershire County Council please click here employee benefits Please Click here to look at our brochure Employment Deal – Working for Leicestershire County Council
This post is the subject of an Enhanced DBS check.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.