HGV Driver (Refuse Vehicle) based at Hexham
You will have overall responsibility for the careful use and maintenance of the vehicle and allocated tools and equipment.
Key Duties and responsibilities: Individually or as part of a team and under the general direction of senior colleagues:
1. To drive a HG Refuse Vehicle, load refuse and be responsible for a small team of refuse loaders providing overall guidance and motivating staff to achieve service objectives and quality standards.
2. Oversee the provision of efficient and effective refuse collection & recycling services in an allocated area to remove household, industrial and commercial waste in accordance with predetermined schedules and Council policy.
3. Undertake the collection of clinical waste, emptying dog waste bins and litter bins using an appropriate vehicle and removal of dead animals from the Highway.
4. Drive and operate a range of specialist vehicles to provide efficient and effective logistical support.
5. Complete, or ensure the completion of, all necessary paperwork to accurately record the resources used and progress of work in accordance with corporate procedures.
6. Record evidence of non-compliance with legal requirements and submission of paperwork to supervisory staff to facilitate investigations.
7. Ensure the safety of other employees and the public in relation to the work undertaken including the safe use of all plant, equipment and tools.
For a comprehensive list of duties and essential requirement please see the job description/person specification here
This is a permanent, full time position.
4 day working week Monday to Thursday
We are offering:
A salary range of £20,444 - £22,129 (Band 4)
Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (or other pension scheme)
A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
For guidance on completing your application and for information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please check the Northumberland Council Website.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.