Do you want a challenging and rewarding career with real opportunities to change the lives of people in Northumberland? if you are dynamic, dedicated and enthusiastic then we want to hear from you.
Who is NCC?
World renowned as a visitor destination, Northumberland is also the ideal location to strike a perfect work/life balance. What better way of enjoying the picturesque scenery and stunning coastline than to sample it on an everyday basis?
Our Vision is: “To make Northumberland a county which you regard as a great place to live, and in which you can access the things you enjoy, whilst having the opportunity to learn and thrive”
Our Plan is to focus on:
- Living - we want you to feel safe, healthy and cared for
- Enjoying - we want you to love where you live
- Connecting - we want you to have access to the things you need
- Learning - we want you to achieve and realise your potential
- Thriving - we want to attract more and better jobs
For further information about working for Northumberland County Council, please click here: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/working
Why choose us?
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
- A starting salary of £29,174 (rising to £32,798) Band 7
- 25 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays (rising to 30 after 5 years of service) (pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexi scheme applicable to majority of roles
- Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
- A commitment to work-life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, home working, flexible working, part-year working, and compressed hours
- Car Leasing Scheme
Northumberland County Council have adopted a work smart working ethos with staff encouraged to have a blend of home and office working.
Please visit: https://www.northumberland.gov.uk/About/Working-for-Northumberland-County-Council.aspx for more information regarding our benefits.
Why Choose Community Occupational Therapy
I could just say because we’re great, as that is true, however, I’ll stick to the facts.
- All staff within the service are supervised and managed by an Occupational Therapist.
- We want our staff to be the best so they can give the best service, so we give the best support we can.
- The performance of the Occupational Therapy Service is consistently high, demonstrating the dedication of our staff group to providing a responsive quality service to residents
- Community work is interesting and varied giving you to opportunity to be involved in everything from assessing for and providing basic and complex equipment and minor adaptations through to major adaptations and manual handling assessments and recommendations.
- We work with adult residents of Northumberland who are experiencing functional problems relating to physical disability, mental health problems or learning disability. This makes the work varied and interesting but also very rewarding.
- All staff within the Community Occupational Therapy service are enabled to work agile from home or any Northumberland County Council site, including an allocated base office site.
- All our teams have a mix of Occupational Therapy Assistants, Technical Instructors, and qualified Occupational Therapists. We share office bases with the wider adult social care services and Northumberland Short Term Support Service meaning you have the MDT around you.
- We are building working links with the local Primary Care Networks to improve service to residents. We have close working links with all the residential care homes within Northumberland through a programme of regular reviews.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who upholds the values of Northumberland County Council and the Occupational Therapy service to
- Put residents first ensuring that the identified needs are met in a timely and efficient way
- Deliver excellence and quality in service provision
- Show respect for service users and colleagues alike
- Keep our communities safe and well
We are looking for Occupational Therapists, newly qualified or experienced, who want to start or progress their careers in a highly rewarding area of work where they can make a real difference to the lives of residents/clients.
Someone who likes variety in their working day and working life who is keen to develop their Occupational Therapy skills through involvement with a wide range of clients with wide ranging health and social care needs.
We have one permanent, full time vacancy available in the North, based at Alnwick Fire Station;
- Northumberland County Council band 7, equivalent to NHS Band 5
- Have a starting salary of £29,174.00 in 2021/22
Please refer to the job description and person specification for full details here
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.