We are pleased to offer a number of full time, part time, permanent and fixed term Trainee Community Support Worker posts in our Home First, Hospital Discharge Hub and our Operational Commission Teams.
Working as a Trainee Community Support Worker, you will work under the direction and supervision of the Team Leader/Senior Community Support Worker. You will be required to visit people in their own home, placements and hospital wards, depending on the team you work within. You will be provided with a mentor and supported to undertake the Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship, with excellent learning and development opportunities to enable you to progress your career in adult social care.
The position will involve working under the Care Act 2014 and Mental Capacity Act to deliver a high quality, person-centred accountable statutory social care service, ensuring that adults, their families and carers;
- can find their own solutions, assess, manage and review their own needs, risks and capacity, maximise their own independence and self-direct the responses to deliver agreed outcomes
- can access community opportunities, formalised personalised care and support to deliver their expressed outcomes and maintain themselves in the community
- are protected and safeguarded
To find out more about being a Community Support Worker then please see Katie’s story here.
As a Community Support Worker, you will have future opportunities to apply to undertake a Social Work Apprenticeship with the University of Warwick, in Leicestershire we are passionate about developing your career in social care. Find out more here, with Peter’s story and his social care career and how is now training to become a social worker.
To learn more about our brand-new service model and for more information regarding the range of exciting opportunities we have within Adults Social Care, please click on the following link to hear from our Assistant Director, Heather Pick - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oveE6uSRIkg
For more information about working in our team please use the link below: https://www.leicestershire.gov.uk/jobs-and-volunteering/working-for-the-council/social-worker-recruitment.
The post holder will be provided with an office base, however due to the nature of the role you must have the ability to travel to other areas across the locality. Due to the pandemic, our staff are currently working from home. The working hours are Monday to Thursday 8.30 – 5pm and Friday 8.30 – 4.30pm. Flexible working can be considered.
Benefits of working for Leicestershire County Council:
- Committed to providing an inclusive workplace
- Relocation package available
- Existing continuous service leave entitlement (plus 5 years) will be honoured
- Paid Social Work England registration
- Excellent health and wellbeing support available for employees
- Lease car scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
For more information regarding this post, please contact Andy Dengate (Resourcing Co-ordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org, T: 0116 305 0914.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.