• To provide effective and efficient reception service to all users. To manage a seamless booking process for conference reservations and help promote the Hall as a conference, wedding and social events venue.
• It is vital to the future of the department that the post holder is flexible in taking on additional tasks, willing to offer help to employees and treats co-operation and support for colleagues as a top priority.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To be the main lead on conference bookings, from initial enquiry through to delivery & invoicing.
• To follow up all sales opportunities and offer alternative options to secure the business.
• To monitor the reception area, ensuring that it is well presented.
• To take bookings for Hall as directed by The Event & Business Development Manager
• To market the service to new and existing customers and show prospective wedding/social event customers around the Hall
• To answer queries, pass on accurate messages and general information received from customers and staff by telephone and in person
• Undertake typing and clerical tasks as instructed by the Event & Business Development Manager & General Manager.
• To undertake weekend and evening duties working on a rota basis with the existing team
• To maintain appointment diaries, arrange meetings and other appointments, book rooms and maintain filing systems.
• To ensure all stocks of leaflets and marketing information are replenished and up to date
• To maintain a variety of manual and computerised record keeping systems.
• Maintaining an inventory of staff development, ICT equipment, resources, and facilities to enable effective delivery and to meet administrative
• To be prepared to assist in other areas during busy times and when staff are on annual leave or absent due to illness.
• The nature of the work may involve the jobholder carrying out work outside of normal working hours.
• To attend fire drills, staff meetings, training courses and conferences from time to time as required by his/her own training needs and the needs of the Service
• To recognise and promote the Leicestershire County Council Equal Opportunities Policy Code of Practise and the Departmental Racial Equality Policy Statement.
* This post is advertised as a full time position, part time or job share would be considered for the right candidate.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.