Northumberland County Council operates a vast range of services across one of the largest counties in the UK. Local Government’s ongoing challenges and the diversity of our residents means we must work smarter. That is why we want bold, creative, and agile thinkers who can help us move forward and innovate.
For further information about working for Northumberland County Council, please click here: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/working
To undertake repairs to the councils housing stock, public buildings, and other premises in accordance with any pre-determined specification, time scale or appointment.
To be customer focused in line with our values of putting the Resident First, Excellence and Quality, Respect and keeping our communities safe and well.
- Undertake internal and external joinery repairs
- Employees to manage own van impressed stock items, to replenish and keep records of transactions.
- To have good working knowledge of all elements of building construction, components, building trades and regulations.
- To multitask and carry out minor repairs to small plastering, tiling, plumbing including guttering and fencing works etc.
- Work to an appointment system and complete works within priority times
- Able to operate phone IT systems.
- To join the call out rota that is mandatory for the role.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times
- The ability to use, maintain machines and tools
- To maintain vehicle and inspect on daily basis report any faults
- The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
We are offering:
- A starting salary of £22,571 - £24,920 (Band 5)
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
- Level 3 Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery
Ability to carry out basic IT skills on computer or hand held device
For further information about this vacancy, please contact Albert Straughan by phone 01670 623667 for an informal discussion.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.