We are seeking a Digital Communications Officers to enhance the quality and effectiveness of our digital offering.
What will be expected from me?
Digital Communications Officer is a great post for an individual who has experience of working in a communications, marketing, and digital environments.
What I might be doing?
- Developing positive customer digital user journeys
- Helping develop and drive the implementation of a content strategy
- Overseeing channel management, as well as the day-to-day content creation
- Using research, data, and analytics to understand audiences' needs and ensure our content approach is authoritative and persuasive.
- Excellent people skills, an exceptional level of attention to detail, content writing and digital media creations
- Experience of working with digital content, social media, and online platforms.
- Experience of writing for digital
- Excellent social media skills
- Excellent knowledge of content management systems, Google Analytics, Adobe Premiere Pro.
What can I expect?
- This is a Full-Time post of 37 hours per week, hybrid working.
- Use of MacBook Air 2020/21.
- 28 days of Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Support and ongoing training.
- Discounted and subsidised public transport (Arriva Bus Annual Travel Ticket, Northern Trains Limited (NTL), MetroCard)
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Great range of benefits including discounted membership to our excellent leisure facilities with free 12 weeks exercise program with a dedicated personal trainer, discounts for a range of retail, entertainment, health and leisure providers, cycle to work scheme and many more.
Want to Know More?
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Kate Hirst-Bennett.
Digital Communications Officer JD Draft 1 April 2022.doc
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.