We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced mental health social workers to join our adult social care teams across Northumberland.
If you are passionate about making a positive difference to adults with mental health needs, we would like to hear from you.
About the role
We have recently restructured our teams to enable our community mental health social workers to work more closely with related health services.
Teams are now aligned with the Primary Care Networks developed as part of the NHS long term plan and secondary care services, and you will also work closely with Approved Mental Health Professionals, and Cumbria, Northumberland and Tyne and Wear Mental Health Trust.
Our vision is to develop the mental health social work role to be integrated with related health colleagues to deliver better outcomes for the people we support.
This is an opportunity to apply your social work/professional skills, values, and specialist knowledge in the context of working with complex ethical and legislative processes.
You will deliver a range of assessment and care interventions which will promote mental health wellbeing and social inclusion wherever possible.
The main responsibilities include:
· Completing Care Act Assessments
· Multi Agency Working
· Completing Mental Capacity Assessments
· Court work including S21a challenges
· Tribunal work under MHA
· Complex Safeguarding
· Degree in Social Work (or equivalent)
· Experience of Social Work with adults whose primary need is mental health
· Due to the nature of this role, it is an essential requirement that the post holder has a valid driving licence and has access to a car they can use for work purposes.
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
- Band 8 salary £33,486 - £37,568
- 25 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays (rising to 30 after 5 years of service)(pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexi scheme applicable to majority of roles
- Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
- A commitment to work-life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, home working, flexible working, part-year working, and compressed hours
- Car Leasing Scheme
For further information, please see the attached job description and person specification here
For an informal discussion about these opportunities, please contact Gale Evans on Gale.Evans01@northumberland.gov.uk
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.