Are you looking for a challenge, and a diverse range of work? Do you want to work in an innovative, positive team that shapes and develops the places we live and work in?
If so Telford & Wrekin Council’s Development Management Team Planning Team want to hear from you.
Working in our highly motivated and professional Planning Team our Principal Planning Officers lead on a wide variety of development control matters delivering both statutory obligations within the Borough as well as the opportunity to deliver Development Consultancy services across the region.
As a crucial part of a team who deliver a wide range of services including Building Control, Ecology, Built Heritage and Highways Development you will be leading multi – disciplinary project teams dealing with planning matters for strategic developments and enquiries alongside working on projects located outside the Borough acting as a consultant on behalf of private clients in relation to planning matters which will include the preparation, submission and management of planning applications and appeals .
Our offices are based in Telford - a destination of vibrant places and experiences where people love to live, work and play. Sitting in the heart of Shropshire, Telford is the gateway between the Midlands and Wales. Rich in heritage and natural beauty, the borough has a vibrant town centre that’s currently expanding, The Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Site and a thriving community of market towns alongside a 450 acre town park with numerous leisure facilities.,
With hybrid working and the opportunity to working from our offices up to 2 days per week this post offers flexibility and to be part of a friendly, professional team playing an instrumental part in the development and creation of creative and positive places for those who live and work in Telford, building a safe and sustainable environment for future generations to enjoy.
To carry out the professional duties of a Principal Development Planning Officer. To be responsible for a full range of development control matters including determination of planning applications under delegated powers, to lead and manage multi-disciplinary project teams dealing with all planning control matters for strategic developments and enquiries leading a caseload of major applications, and related appeals and developer enquiries, and to input to the wider professional work of the Planning Service.
There will also be opportunities to work on projects located outside of the Borough, acting as a consultant on behalf of private clients in relation to planning matters, including the preparation, submission and management of planning applications, and appeals.
- A planning degree recognised by the Royal Town Planning Institute
- Chartered Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- Experience of managing and developing multi disciplinary teams working on major projects within a planning environment
- Partnership working with other external organisations including other local government bodies, private sector organisations, voluntary bodies, national governing bodies, Sport England,
- Leading projects and driving through change effectively maintaining support of the affected parties within agreed timeframes
- Proven ability to operate effectively within a large complex organisation, with the political acumen and skills to develop effective working and business relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including chief officers, members, employees and external partners
- Posses a high standard of interpersonal skills
- The ability to think creatively & offer solutions to a variety of challenges
- Strategic planning capability & proven competence in implementation
- Ability to negotiate and persuade, external partners and other organisations concerning complex and large scale issues
- Proven ability to lead projects/multidisciplinary teams and manage complex applications adopting a project management approach
- Political pressures upon the organisation.
- IT literate
For more information please contact Mark Turner or Andrew Gittins on 01952 380380
or email : email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.