An exciting project is underway to develop a new website for Wakefield Council. We are seeking 4 x Website Content Officers for a temporary yearlong contract to drive digital content improvement by delivering a robust content audit and content migration.
What will be expected from me?
The role of Website Content Officer is a great opportunity for someone with experience of working in communications, marketing, and digital environments.
- You will have excellent people skills as you will be working with colleagues across the Council to develop and improve website content.
- You will be able to use research, data, and analytics to understand our audiences’ needs making sure our content is suitable for all.
- Have the expertise to enable colleagues to understand the way their content is currently being used.
- Exceptional level of attention to detail
What I might be doing?
- Champion and deliver the creation of high quality, user-focused written content, and improvement to the customer journey
- Deliver a systematic analysis of all relevant website content to underpin the direct engagement with services
- Work with colleagues across the Council providing a positive experience of content improvement
- Using research, data, and analytics to understand audiences' needs and ensure our content approach is authoritative and persuasive.
- Experience of working with digital content.
- Sound understanding of website accessibility
- Strong knowledge of content management systems, online analytic tools, as well as customer research and data
- Substantial experience writing content for the web, that’s easy to read and uses plain English
- Significant experience of measuring and evaluating the success of digital communications and services
What can I expect?
- This is a Full-Time post of 37 hours per week, hybrid working.
- 28 days of Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Support and ongoing training.
- Discounted and subsidised public transport (Arriva Bus Annual Travel Ticket, Northern Trains Limited (NTL), MetroCard)
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Great range of benefits including discounted membership to our excellent leisure facilities with free 12 weeks exercise program with a dedicated personal trainer, discounts for a range of retail, entertainment, health and leisure providers, cycle to work scheme and many more.
For further information please contact Kate Hirst-Bennett on 07855795596.
Want to Know More?
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Kate Hirst- Bennett.
Website Content Officer JD FINAL.docx
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.