An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Delivery Manager to join our Engineering Services team at Leicestershire County Council, one of the best performing councils in the country. We’ve achieved several decades of high performance, with our success recognised by national Government, industry awards and our residents.
If successful you will join a motivated friendly team of professionals committed to delivering public sector road maintenance and highway improvements that offer best value for money whilst simultaneously pushing the boundaries of innovation and carbon savings in construction. Our team has a track record of incorporating recycled materials and innovative construction techniques to reduce costs and our impact on the environment.
You will be responsible for leading the design and delivery of major schemes and capital programmes as commissioned through improvement programmes and through the development process.
The role will cover (but not be limited to):
- Taking a lead role in the delivery of improvement programmes and projects, including design, estimating, consultations, contract management and supervision, to ensure that these meet current standards and that schemes are delivered to time, quality, and cost.
- The commission and management of providers through new and existing contracts for all types of civil engineering projects and to help identify and develop supply markets.
- Taking a lead role in the technical approval of third-party highways and transportation schemes to ensure they meet current standards whilst facilitating development and encouraging economic growth.
- Being responsible for the management of project teams, to ensure the effective and efficient provision of appropriate customer focused, high-quality services in accordance with County Council policies, Government, and legislative requirements.
- Supporting the performance management of services and teams through the departmental business planning process to drive continuous improvement in the delivery of Departmental & Service outcomes; monitoring & reporting on progress as required.
- Deputising for the Team Manager as appropriate.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A degree in an appropriate subject or equivalent qualification (e.g. BTEC Higher in Civil Engineering or Construction Management) together with evidence of continued learning and development.
- Experience of working at a senior level in an engineering or contract management setting and preparing project management documents and reporting to project boards.
- Experience of developing and project managing strategic civil engineering projects and works programmes, including feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, engaging in ECI, preparing estimates/target prices, undertaking consultations, contract administration, technical site supervision or financial monitoring and payments. Of working in a commercial environment and delivering projects and programmes to time, quality and cost.
- Knowledge of aligning business systems and processes to support the efficient delivery of services, of Highway maintenance treatments and their applications and extensive knowledge of Conditions of contract; NEC4 Engineering and Construction Contract, Term Service Contract and Professional Services Contract.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills including the ability to shape and influence successful outcomes and to continue to build on the credibility of the Council and its services. You can connect with communities and localities through listening, dialogue and understanding community needs and are able to conceptualise and develop new ideas.
Please see the Job Description / Person Specification which are attached further down on this page
For informal enquires please contact Davina Millership, Email: Davina.Millership@leics.gov.uk
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.