An exciting opportunity has arisen with a vacancy with Wakefield’s Adult Social Care’s Connecting Care West as a permanent full time Level 2 Social Worker.
Connecting Care West is a welcoming friendly team of Social Workers and Care Coordinators who support people aged 18 and over, with social care needs or an appearance of need.
We are looking for an experienced qualified Social Worker with up-to-date professional expertise and experience in complex case management, Care Act Assessments, Care Planning, and Mental Capacity Assessments and have experience in Court work and legal challenge.
In addition to community work, we have 2 prisons within the locality and take responsibility for the assessments and social care needs of the people within them. The successful candidate must be prepared to work within prison settings, work with and contribute to the Urgent Response Team as well as all other areas within the team as required. You will also need to have up to date sound knowledge of the legislation’s Social Workers practice within.
We are looking for:
- an experienced and skilled practitioner who can work confidently and increasingly autonomously with a wide variety and complexity of cases.
- a motivated, flexible and committed individual who wants to make a contribution and cares about a job well done.
- a team player who adopts a strengths-based approach and is enthusiastic and passionate about making a difference.
- As a Senior Social Worker, we would expect you to lead the team by example.
About the role
As a Senior Social Worker within the team:
- You will be able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge and application of relevant legislation including the Care Act 2014, the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Human Rights Act 1998.
- You will have specific responsibilities for dealing with more complex cases, including assessment, care management and management of risk.
- You will be able to demonstrate expert and effective practice in complex situations, assessing and managing higher levels of risk while promoting enablement and self-determination.
- You will be able to work at a senior level, supporting and supervising colleagues or students within the organisation.
- You will develop strong professional relationships promoting multi-agency working and achieving positive outcomes for individuals and carers.
What we will offer you
We are an ambitious and high achieving council, committed to continuous improvements and innovation. We are looking to employ a talented and dedicated individual who shares our vision and values. Wakefield is a learning organisation, committed to supporting staff development.
- Outstanding professional development opportunities
- A variety of tailored and varied training opportunities
- Excellent salary with incremental increases
- Opportunity for flexible and hybrid working to support work-life balance
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Occupational pension scheme
For all informal enquiries please contact Jill Wetherall or Catherine Mitchell on 01924 302774, we look forward to hearing from you.
Want to Know More?
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Jill Wetherall.
Tel: 01924 302775
All correspondence regarding interviews and application progress will be sent via the e-mail address you have registered on this site with.
Please add the e-mail addresses below to your contacts or safe-senders list / check your junk mail folder to ensure that you don't miss important information regarding your application.
Wakefield Council is wholly committed to ensuring children and vulnerable adults are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and vulnerable adults whilst promoting their welfare. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this responsibility.
DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service)
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Disclosure Application Form and to provide criminal conviction information.
This post is subject to the Fluency Duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016. The post-holder is required to demonstrate an appropriate level of fluency under the duty as detailed within the job specification for the post.
In accordance with the Council’s Probation Procedure this post is subject to a 6-month Probationary Period.
Having a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve helps us to achieve the best outcomes for all. We encourage applications from everyone and actively seek to ensure that everyone feels included in the workplace so that we can make the most of our differences.
About Wakefield Council
Want to find out more about Wakefield Council, click here.
Happy to talk Flexible working