We are seeking the following positions to enhance the quality and effectiveness of our Adult Social Care Teams, as a result of the new Care Act Reforms that will come into place from 2023
- X8 Grade 10 Social Workers
- X6 Grade 9 Social Workers
- X6 Grade 8 Social Workers
Please note, these positions will be based across various locations within the Wakefield District.
What I might be doing?
- Taking responsibility for assessments and identifying where vulnerable adults may be at risk
- Managing a varied case load
- Delivering exceptional Social Care
- Engage in adopting strengths based, person centred assessments.
- Engage in outcomes focused and preventative conversations which build on the strengths of people and their local networks.
What We offer:
We are an ambitious and high achieving council, committed to continuous improvements and innovation. We are looking to employ talented and dedicated individuals who share our vision and values. Wakefield is a learning organisation, committed to supporting staff development
- Outstanding professional development opportunities
- A variety of tailored and varied training opportunities
- Excellent salary with incremental increases
- Opportunity for flexible and hybrid working to support work-life balance
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Occupational pension scheme
What can I expect?
- This is a Full-Time post of 37 hours per week, with a mix of office and community-based working possible.
- 28-30 days of Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Support and ongoing training.
- Discounted and subsidised public transport (Arriva Bus Annual Travel Ticket, Northern Trains Limited (NTL), MetroCard)
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Great range of benefits including discounted membership to our excellent leisure facilities with free 12 weeks exercise program with a dedicated personal trainer, discounts for a range of retail, entertainment, health and leisure providers, cycle to work scheme and many more.
If you have an queries or questions please contact Stacey Gill on 01924 303584 / email@example.com
Want to Know More?
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Stacey Gill.
Tel: 01924 303584
All correspondence regarding interviews and application progress will be sent via the e-mail address you have registered on this site with.
Please add the e-mail addresses below to your contacts or safe-senders list / check your junk mail folder to ensure that you don't miss important information regarding your application.
Wakefield Council is wholly committed to ensuring children and vulnerable adults are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and vulnerable adults whilst promoting their welfare. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this responsibility.
DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service)
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Disclosure Application Form and to provide criminal conviction information.
In accordance with the Council’s Probation Procedure this post is subject to a 6-month Probationary Period.
Having a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve helps us to achieve the best outcomes for all. We encourage applications from everyone and actively seek to ensure that everyone feels included in the workplace so that we can make the most of our differences.
About Wakefield Council
Want to find out more about Wakefield Council, click here.
Happy to talk Flexible working