Are you a qualified electrician interested in working in street lighting?
Have 18th Edition Wiring Regulations?
Our client is looking for a Street Lighting Electrician to join their street lighting operations team based in York for an initial 6 months, with the opportunity of going from temp to perm.
This is a full time role with a minimum of 37 hours a week. Rate of pay is up to £14.28 per hour depending upon experience.
The purpose of this role is to undertake installation, maintenance and routine work for a full range of highway lighting apparatus including street lighting columns, lanterns, brackets, poles and signs. As such, this is a physically demanding role which will involve you working outdoors, on public highways and at heights.
Duties will involve:
- Installation connection/disconnection of street lighting lanterns/circuits
- Safe isolation and connection of supplies (highway electrical)
- Electrical testing of street lighting columns/circuits
- Some minor excavation works if working with crews
- Test and repair of street lighting faults
- Any other street lighting/highway electrical duties asked to be undertaken
Ideally you will have previous experience of the Street Lighting industry/Civils works, operating machinery, working on the highway and at height is preferable, as well as a full understanding of utility drawings and the dangers of damaging underground services.
Our client will consider training individuals who are qualified electricians to City & Guilds Electrical Installations 236 (Parts 1&2) or similar approved.
Experience of any of the following would be advantageous:
- IPAF MEWP operation training or experience
- G39/1 210 Working in the vicinity of DNO
- 7.5 Tonne Driving licence
- NRSWA Operative
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring us on 07922 425165 for an application form or for more information.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.