Application closing date 14/08/2022 Location Leeds Salary £29,174.00 - £31,895.00, Grade 8, 37 hours, Permanent Package
- A competitive salary
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Access to an occupational pension scheme
- A range of employee benefits including; healthcare, public transport and gym memberships discount
Contractual hours 37 Basis Full time Job category/type Full time, Permanent Job Specification and Supporting Information PR2643 001 Senior Support Time Recovery Worker.doc Job description
We are seeking a Senior Support Time Recovery Worker to enhance the quality and effectiveness of our Liaison and Diversion Services Team in Leeds.
What will be expected from me?
The overall purpose of this post is to contribute to the development of the Liaison and Diversion Service, by working in partnership with other agencies to reduce health inequalities within a specific targeted group within the criminal justice system.
What I might be doing?
- You will work with people of all ages with a range of mental health, learning disabilities, substance misuse and social vulnerabilities
- You will provide casework advice and guidance to other team members and support the induction and development of new members of staff to the team.
- You will make referrals to the appropriate services and encourage and support young people and vulnerable adults to access statutory and voluntary sector services so that health and social outcomes may be improved.
- You will undertake assessments of vulnerable adults, children and young people who have been detained in police custody, to write reports, update case notes and other records as required.
- To hold a professional qualification in related field (e.g. Social Care, Health, Education, Advice and Guidance) or extensive equivalent relevant experience.
- A Current driving licence is essential (reasonable adjustments will be considered for any applicants who are unable to drive due to a disability)
- Knowledge and understanding of the current health and social policy relevant to those in the Criminal Justice system
- Experience of working directly with those who have complex needs and often do not engage with services
What can I expect?
- This is a Full-Time post of 37 hours per week.
- 28 days of Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Support and ongoing training.
- Discounted and subsidised public transport (Arriva Bus Annual Travel Ticket, Northern Trains Limited (NTL), MetroCard).
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Great range of benefits including discounted membership to our excellent leisure facilities with free 12 weeks exercise program with a dedicated personal trainer, discounts for a range of retail, entertainment, health and leisure providers, cycle to work scheme and many more.
If you would like more information about this post and the work of the Liaison and Diversion Service in West Yorkshire, please contact Kelly Connolly on 07769246446
Want to Know More?
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Kelly Connolly.
All correspondence regarding interviews and application progress will be sent via the e-mail address you have registered on this site with.
Please add the e-mail addresses below to your contacts or safe-senders list / check your junk mail folder to ensure that you don't miss important information regarding your application.
Wakefield Council is wholly committed to ensuring children and vulnerable adults are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and vulnerable adults whilst promoting their welfare. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this responsibility.
DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service)
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Disclosure Application Form and to provide criminal conviction information.
This post is subject to the Fluency Duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016. The post-holder is required to demonstrate an appropriate level of fluency under the duty as detailed within the job specification for the post.
In accordance with the Council’s Probation Procedure this post is subject to a 6-month Probationary Period.
Having a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve helps us to achieve the best outcomes for all. We encourage applications from everyone and actively seek to ensure that everyone feels included in the workplace so that we can make the most of our differences.
About Wakefield Council
Want to find out more about Wakefield Council, click here.
Happy to talk Flexible working