Application closing date 07/08/2022 Location County Hall, Bond St, Wakefield WF1 2QW Salary £60,901.00, Grade 15, 37 hours, Permanent Package
- A competitive salary
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Access to an occupational pension scheme
- A range of employee benefits including; healthcare, public transport and gym memberships discount
Contractual hours 37 Basis Full time Job category/type Full time, Permanent Job Specification and Supporting Information Service Manager - Localities Safeguarding Teams - updated 09.05.2018.doc Job description
Join Wakefield’s Outstanding leadership team and make a real difference.
As one of three Locality Service Managers you will be responsible for five locality teams, which are based in our community hubs. You will drive and oversee the work of the service which includes assessing and delivering intervention to children and young people in need of help and protection. You will lead the service to ensure a robust workforce and practice which is aspirational and drives timely outcomes for our children.
If you are as passionate about helping children and young people achieve their potential as we are, this could be the perfect job for you. Our approach is beyond partnership and collaboration, we have real connection with our partners, who are just as committed and energetic about making the necessary changes as we are. You will be a key figure in the Wakefield Families Together cluster, promoting a truly shared responsibility for success, and a passion and energy from everyone involved.
Essential requirement of the role:
- Professional social work qualification and registration with professional body
- Proven ability to lead and manage teams, and create a high performing service
- Strong business planning and management skills, including planning competing priorities and resources
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of relevant legislative and policy frameworks that impact upon the service
In return for you bringing your passion, expertise and drive, we offer:
- A place on a permanent, dynamic, supportive and committed leadership team who welcome innovation
- Regular, reflective supervision to support your practice and professional development
- Comprehensive training, including professional development and courses to support your wellbeing e.g. resilience and managing stress
- Minimum of 30 days of Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays rising to 33 (subject to length of service)
- Discounted and subsidised public transport (Arriva Bus Annual Travel Ticket, Northern Trains Limited (NTL), MetroCard).
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Great range of benefits including discounted membership to our excellent leisure facilities with free 12 weeks exercise program with a dedicated personal trainer, discounts for a range of retail, entertainment, health and leisure providers, cycle to work scheme and many more.
Closing Date – 7 August 2022
Interviews are to be held on Monday 15 August 2022
For further information on this role, please contact Esther Beresford, Head of Service
email@example.com / 07920360092
Want to Know More?
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Esther Beresford.
All correspondence regarding interviews and application progress will be sent via the e-mail address you have registered on this site with.
Please add the e-mail addresses below to your contacts or safe-senders list / check your junk mail folder to ensure that you don't miss important information regarding your application.
Wakefield Council is wholly committed to ensuring children and vulnerable adults are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and vulnerable adults whilst promoting their welfare. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this responsibility.
DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service)
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Disclosure Application Form and to provide criminal conviction information.
This post is subject to the Fluency Duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016. The post-holder is required to demonstrate an appropriate level of fluency under the duty as detailed within the job specification for the post.
In accordance with the Council’s Probation Procedure this post is subject to a 6-month Probationary Period.
Having a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve helps us to achieve the best outcomes for all. We encourage applications from everyone and actively seek to ensure that everyone feels included in the workplace so that we can make the most of our differences.
About Wakefield Council
Want to find out more about Wakefield Council, click here.
Happy to talk Flexible working