Application closing date 07/08/2022 Location Queens House, Market Street, Wakefield, WF1 1LE Salary £60,901.00, Grade 15, 37 hours, Permanent Package
- A competitive salary
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Access to an occupational pension scheme
- A range of employee benefits including; healthcare, public transport and gym memberships discount
Contractual hours 37 Basis Full time Job category/type Full time, Permanent Job Specification and Supporting Information Service Manager JS CiC.pdf Job description
Join Wakefield’s Outstanding leadership team and make a real difference.
As a Service Manager for CiC, you will be instrumental in driving forward best practice to ensure all our children in care receive the right level of support to reach their potential and achieve their permanence plan. You will lead and manage five teams who will take children through proceedings as well as support those already in care. You will need to be dynamic, enthusiastic and have a good understanding of ‘growing staff’ to be the best practitioners they can be who in turn will offer the best level of support and help to our children and young people for whom we are corporate parents.
If you are as passionate about helping children and young people achieve their potential as we are, this could be the perfect job for you. Our approach is beyond partnership and collaboration, we have real connection with our partners, who are just as committed and energetic about making the necessary changes as we are.
Here are some essential requirements of the role:
- Professional social work qualification and registration with professional body
- Extensive knowledge of the key areas and challenges facing Children’s Services and Local government in the context of securing service delivery and continuous improvement
- Extensive senior management experience within a large and complex organisation
- Managing performance and quality assurance, resources and budgets (in collaboration with other key stakeholders).
In return for you bringing your passion, expertise and drive, we offer:
- A place on a permanent, dynamic, supportive and committed leadership team who welcome innovation
- Regular, reflective supervision to support your practice and professional development
- Comprehensive training, including professional development and courses to support your wellbeing e.g. resilience and managing stress
- Minimum of 30 days of Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays rising to 33 (subject to length of service)
- Discounted and subsidised public transport (Arriva Bus Annual Travel Ticket, Northern Trains Limited (NTL), MetroCard).
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Great range of benefits including discounted membership to our excellent leisure facilities with free 12 weeks exercise program with a dedicated personal trainer, discounts for a range of retail, entertainment, health and leisure providers, cycle to work scheme and many more.
Closing Date – 7 August 2022
Interviews are to be held on Monday 15 August 2022
For further information on this role, please contact Toni Traynor, Head of Service firstname.lastname@example.org / 07468353254
Want to Know More?
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Toni Traynor.
All correspondence regarding interviews and application progress will be sent via the e-mail address you have registered on this site with.
Please add the e-mail addresses below to your contacts or safe-senders list / check your junk mail folder to ensure that you don't miss important information regarding your application.
Wakefield Council is wholly committed to ensuring children and vulnerable adults are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and vulnerable adults whilst promoting their welfare. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this responsibility.
DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service)
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Disclosure Application Form and to provide criminal conviction information.
This post is subject to the Fluency Duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016. The post-holder is required to demonstrate an appropriate level of fluency under the duty as detailed within the job specification for the post.
In accordance with the Council’s Probation Procedure this post is subject to a 6-month Probationary Period.
Having a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we serve helps us to achieve the best outcomes for all. We encourage applications from everyone and actively seek to ensure that everyone feels included in the workplace so that we can make the most of our differences.
About Wakefield Council
Want to find out more about Wakefield Council, click here.
Happy to talk Flexible working