An opportunity exists in the Council’s Street Scene Services for a Team Leader (Grounds Maintenance) working within a small team based at our Depot at Newton Bar, Wakefield.
What will be expected from me?
The post holder will lead a small team to deliver a high quality citizen focused Street Scene service within a neighbourhood in Wakefield districts, which delivers safer and stronger communities by improving environmental quality and increasing the sense of community pride in neighbourhoods.
What I might be doing?
- You will be working within recognised safe systems and in accordance with all aspects of health and safety legislation.
- You will lead and be part of a Grounds Maintenance Team for a Geographical area of the district.
- You will undertake a range of horticultural and gardening duties delivered in a professional manner, whilst providing a citizen focused service which delivers a clean, safe, accessible and attractive streets and open spaces that are pleasant to live in and give the local community a sense of belonging.
- PA1 PA2 and PA 6 Pesticides Application Certificate (Knap sacks).
- Current clean driving licence (C1+E)
- Driver CPC qualification
- A sound knowledge of operating a range of powered machinery and plant including back pack blowers, pedestrian operated mowers, strimmers, hand-held hedge cutters and similar items.
- Experience of horticultural and landscaping works.
What can I expect?
- This is a full-Time post of 37 hours per week.
- 25 days of Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Support and ongoing training.
- Discounted and subsidised public transport (Arriva Bus Annual Travel Ticket, Northern Trains Limited (NTL), MetroCard)
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Great range of benefits including discounted membership to our excellent leisure facilities with free 12 weeks exercise program with a dedicated personal trainer, discounts for a range of retail, entertainment, health and leisure providers, cycle to work scheme and many more.
For further enquiries please contact Paul Nicholson, Street Scene Officer on 01924 304916.
Want to Know More?
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Paul Nicholson.
Tel: 01924 304916
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.