- Experience of waste operational practices and health, safety and quality management systems.
- Experience of budgetary control, data analysis and forecasting.
- Experience of procuring goods and services.
- Experience of staff management.
- Detailed knowledge of the legislative framework associated with delivery of the role.
Role Context Information:
The Operations Manager will report directly to the Contracts and Operations Manager.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the operation of the council's network of waste facilities and must have the ability to deliver efficient, compliant and safe operations against a backdrop of demanding targets and challenging budgets.
This will involve the development of operating and reporting systems, management and monitoring of performance, performance improvement and efficiencies and budgetary control for the operational services.
Managing a large team of staff and a frontline workforce the Operations Manager will have the ability to motivate people and achieve high levels of customer service.
Typical duties will include the following:
- Managing all aspects of the day to day operation of the council's network of waste facilities.
- Ensuring operations are compliant with all statutory and legal obligations and an Integrated Management System.
- Development of risk assessments and the implementation of safe systems of work.
- Procurement of goods and services.
- The procurement of new contracts or service agreements.
- The management of contracts and service agreements.
- Analysing business intelligence and developing and implementing strategies to ensure operational improvements are delivered to meet budgetary and performance targets.
- The management of a large team of workers with varying skill and ability levels.
- Leading, coaching and mentoring to develop others.
- Identifying opportunities for improving procedures and processes within the team or wider service area to support the continuous improvement of services.
- Supporting the Contracts and Operations Manager in the delivery of aspects of their role that are commensurate to the grade of the post.
- Occasional weekend or bank holiday working may be required to meet service needs.
- The post holder will be required to undertake relevant competency qualifications.
Job Description and Person Specification
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.