Introduction: Lancashire County Council's in-house Digital Services team have created two new positions for a graduate to start their IT career in a dynamic, innovative department with over 450 staff. These vacancies will enhance your skills and experience enabling you to offer real value whilst being supported by other engineers.
There are 2 roles available, described below. If you reach the interview stage, we will ask you whether you have a preference for either role.
The first role is a rotational role across the various areas of the Digital Services Department, spending a number of months in each team learning new skills and enabling you to experience different aspects of a career in IT. Your role will give you opportunities to
- specify, design and deliver ICT solutions for our customers and/or
- provide operational ICT support and maintenance of ICT infrastructure and/or applications and services and/or
- assure ICT infrastructure and/or applications and services in terms of compliance, supportability and usability and/or
- gather requirements and map out business processes in order to continually align digital solutions to business needs in the council and/or
- manage the council's data in line with business processes and in line with security best practice.
The second role is in the Data Service Integration Team.
Introduction: This vacancy is in the fast-paced Data Service Integrations Team which is responsible for the design, build, test and implementation of bespoke integration services on a range of middleware platforms. In addition to collaborating on wider LCC projects that require integrations with other enterprise applications, back-office systems and datasets, the team is responsible for delivering assured data sets extracted from a variety of source systems. You will have the opportunity to enhance your skills and experience enabling you to offer real value whilst being supported by other engineers. Some of the areas in which you will be involved are:
- Supporting the production of technical design
- Understanding underlying business processes, data and data flows
- Understanding the application of security to data
- Building dataflows e.g. integration services to automate processes
- Using Integration toolsets
Candidates: We are looking for enthusiastic team players who are eager to learn and to put their skills into practice and bring a fresh perspective to the service. You will have a minimum of a 2:1 degree in a computer or digital related discipline and willing to continue your learning with further training. This role is for candidates who are diligent, communicative, care about customers and want to make a difference. If ICT is your niche and you have the natural ability to grasp and understand technical practices, our team is where you need to be - you will be working with like-minded individuals who are all on the same wave length, enjoying what they do in a happy, positive atmosphere.
Contact: If you would like an informal chat prior to applying, please call Craig Wilkinson, Digital Workforce, Talent & Engagement, 01772 533514
Job Description & Person Specification
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.