We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated professional to join our dynamic and friendly Pollution Control Team here at Sandwell Council in the Heart of the West Midlands.
We are expanding our team to support the goals of both our 2020-2025 Air Quality Action Plan as well as our key climate change strategy objective of achieving a carbon net zero borough by 2041. To help meet these commitments we need to be actively visiting and engaging with our residents, communities and wider stakeholders to deliver a wide variety of air quality and climate change projects and initiatives.
As our Air Quality and Climate Change Engagement Officer, you will:
- Join a proactive team and have an incredibly varied, challenging and rewarding role.
- Work across a range of areas and settings including schools, businesses and community organisations.
- Assist with the delivery of existing local air quality and climate change projects, as well as supporting the development of new initiatives and projects
- Be innovative and forward-thinking both in your approach to your work as well as developing relationships with a wide range of colleagues across the council and with other stakeholder organisations.
- Take forward project work and work well with others both in the team as well as amongst your wider contacts. You must also be self-motivated as well as having the ability to successfully motivate others.
- Be based at Sandwell Council House in Oldbury and have the ability to travel independently around the borough several days a week, but with the flexibility of home working where appropriate.
- Participate in occasional evening and weekend work to support the delivery of projects and initiatives.
- Enthusiasm and passion to protect our natural environment and a real desire to do more to educate people about local air quality and how we can slow down climate change.
- Recent experience of working with people in a variety of settings including schools, businesses and local community organisations.
- Enjoy being out and about meeting new people and being confident when presenting to a wide range of audiences.
- A good team player but also happy to work independently.
- Hold a relevant degree or HND level or equivalent and be able to demonstrate evidence of continuous professional development.
Our offer to you:
We are committed to the development of everyone in our team and we want you to grow your skills and confidence with us. We will support you through regular 1-2-1s, team meetings and away days as well as via our appraisal reviews where we can identify relevant training and continuous professional development opportunities for you.
For an informal discussion, please contact Elizabeth Stephens on 07814 268128 or Email email@example.com
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.