The Vale of Glamorgan is a great place to live and work. People living in the Vale of Glamorgan are some of the happiest in the UK, enjoying a high quality of life which includes high exam pass rates and a short commute to work. Culture is the heart and soul of the Council. It impacts our engagement, motivation, satisfaction, and performance and will directly impact the success of the Council.
By supporting you as individuals to contribute to the Council and celebrating the great work we do, we will not only continue to create an amazing employee experience but create a culture where our people feel connected and have the right environment to thrive. We want to employ people who share and embrace our core values:
We offer a range of benefits to support a healthy work life balance, the full range are included on our website at:
Employee Benefits and Support (valeofglamorgan.gov.uk)
There are hybrid working arrangements in place with many of the team working predominantly from home.
About the role
Pay Details: Grade OM1, Pay Scale 1-5, 53,958 to £59,350
Hours of Work / Working Pattern: 37 hours Monday to Friday
Main Place of Work: Civic Offices, Holton Road, Barry
This role leads the Council’s exchequer functions, to develop and deliver effective and clear operational management arrangements for the Council’s Exchequer Service incorporating Council wide Insurance, Housing Benefits, Council Tax Reduction Scheme, Accounts Payable, Income Management, Cashiers, Council Tax and National Non-Domestic Rates function.
You will need:
- Experience of managing an area of operational responsibility with multi-disciplinary
- A detailed knowledge of the legislative and regulatory framework governing local government and the finance
- A track record of relevant
- The ability to build and sustain
- Excellent leadership qualities and the ability to successfully manage strategic service delivery at a senior level.
- To be a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to motivate others and lead by example.
DBS Check Required: Basic
For Further Information, contact:
Paul Russell Operational Manager Exchequer – email@example.com 01446 709294
Matt Bowmer Head of Finance – firstname.lastname@example.org – 07517 466632
Please see attached job description / person specification for further information.