Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to supporting homelessness as a high priority. To deliver the priority we have created three Temporary Accommodation Officers to join our team on a permanent basis. You will be joining a busy and hardworking team during a time of transformational change where every day offers an opportunity to make a positive difference. We are looking for a committed individuals with strong communication and excellent negotiation skills. We invite people who share our passion, commitment, and enthusiasm.
- Are you a strong communicator with excellent negotiation skills?
- Able to set and achieve personal targets that make an impact on team performance and efficiency?
- First rate problem solver and able to use own initiative?
- Give advice Landlords advice in line with legislation?
- Able to be communicate effectively with a range of people, particularly landlords?
- Able to deliver excellent customer care skills with an ability to mediate and resolve challenges?
You will need to be:
- A strong communicator with excellent negotiation skills
- Able to set and achieve personal targets that make an impact on team performance and efficiency
- First rate problem solver and able to use own initiative.
- Give advice Landlords advice in line with legislation
- Able to be communicate effectively with a range of people, particularly landlords
- Able to deliver excellent customer care skills with an ability to mediate and resolve challenges
36 hours Monday- Friday – flexible working can be considered
Must have access to a vehicle or be able to use public transport and carry out property inspections in line with current guidance and law.
At Richmond and Wandsworth Councils, we care more about how you work and what you achieve, rather than where you work on any given day. The difference you can make to our local communities is what really matters most to us, service delivery must always come first. We have carefully considered agile ways of working to provide the best experience for residents, stakeholders and our staff. Our agile working strategy actively supports and encourages a dynamic work environment and daily working experience. Agile working helps put the needs of our staff at the centre of everything we do, so if specific flexible working arrangements helps you with this, feel free to let us know.
Your wellbeing and the flexible way in which you can work is and will remain a key priority for Richmond and Wandsworth Councils. We want you to thrive and feel empowered in your work!
We recognise the importance of a good balance between work and home life so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working including, working from home, compressed or part-time hours, term time only, job shares and other arrangements. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process (and beyond) if these are options you’d like to explore. We also offer a generous holiday allowance of 39 paid days (pro rata) including bank holidays and a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
In addition, we offer a comprehensive range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts with many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.