Do you want to kick start your Career in Local Government?
We are seeking a Secretary to support our award-winning Children & Young People Service Director in the City of Wakefield.
What will be expected from me?
The purpose of this role is to provide an effective and high-quality secretarial business support service to the Children and Young People’s Service Director, by providing a range of secretarial tasks which may include minute taking, confidential typing, diary management and producing correspondence. Training will be provided.
What I might be doing?
- You will be the first point of contact for the Service Director, ensuring that calls and enquiries raised by members of the public, employees, trade unions, Councillors and Members of Parliament, are effectively dealt with in a professional manner
- You will maintain electronic calendars on behalf of the Service Director, considering changing priorities and strict deadlines
- You will organise and arrange meetings, conference seminars, both internal and external, including, where appropriate, arranging accommodation and travel arrangements
- You will have direct line management responsibility for an administrative staff team of up to approximately 3 staff
- 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above (or equivalent) including Maths and English/ICT Qualification such as EDCL, ICT GCSE or relevant substantial experience/ NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration or equivalent in a subject relevant to the role
- Experience of working in a secretarial/admin/support role
- Ability to deal with highly confidential and/or politically sensitive information
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Packages, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience of liaising with internal and external customers and colleagues at all levels
Why Wakefield Council?
- We are LGC Transformation Award 2022 Winning Team.
- Ofsted Rated Good with Outstanding Leadership Team.
- We are 1 of 3 Councils in the whole UK with Children’s Services Training Academy.
- This is a Full-Time role of 37 hours per week
- 28 days of Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Support and ongoing training
- Discounted and subsidised public transport (Arriva Bus Annual Travel Ticket, Northern Trains Limited (NTL), MetroCard)
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Great range of benefits including discounted membership to our excellent leisure facilities with free 12 weeks exercise program with a dedicated personal trainer, discounts for a range of retail, entertainment, health and leisure providers, cycle to work scheme and many more
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Avril Lee.
Tel: 07818 454940
PR1177 002 Secretary to Service Director - C and YP.doc
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.