The Wakefield Youth Support Hub Team is looking for enthusiastic and motivated Engagement Workers to join the team. Based in Wakefield Youth Support Hub and in the south East covering south East, Featherstone and Normanton, the post holder will deliver innovative youth provision in a variety of settings across these areas, with the aim of achieving improved outcomes for all young people aged 11-25.
The new Wakefield Youth Support Hub team will:
- provide more places to go where young people feel safe and supported
- improve opportunities for employment and learning new skills
- reduce youth crime and anti-social behaviour
- promote good health and wellbeing
The successful candidate will need to have:
- Experience of working directly with children and young people.
- Experience of engaging and working with children and young people who are difficult to engage.
- Experience of delivering successful interventions to children and young people.
- Experience of contributing to the delivery of exciting and imaginative youth provision.
- Experience of working alongside community and voluntary sector organisations to provide activities for children and young people.
- A flexible approach to working.
- A relevant professional qualification or demonstrable evidence of working towards a professional qualification relevant to the work area.
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Darrel Robinson.
PR2531 001 Youth Engagement Worker.doc
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.