We are seeking a Business Solutions Officer to help us manage and modernise our Environmental Health ICT solutions.
What will be expected from me?
The main purpose of this role is to support the Environmental Health service by managing and developing our complex database system (with support from the ICT colleagues and the software provider). Your IT knowledge will help us develop and promote creative solutions which assist Environmental Health to better serve our residents and businesses.
What I might be doing?
- Lead on management and development of the software within EH, currently M3/Assure provided by NEC Solutions, which supports the services inspections, licenses, consultations and complaint investigations.
- Develop creative solutions to modernise the software for now and the future, including cloud based, mobile working and app-based solutions.
- Interpret data and produce simplified reports for staff and management.
- Create and maintain document templates for colleagues to use when sending letters to members of the public and businesses.
- Assist with queries from end users and pass on enhancement suggestions to the supplier.
- Work collaboratively with several different departments who use the system and maintain consistency of the system across the council.
- Train and guide colleagues on the existing system and new developments.
- A standard of education in excess of BTEC (Higher)/Diploma in business or computer related subjects, or demonstrable experience to a comparable level.
- Excellent customer care and communication skills.
- An ability to self-motivate with an enthusiastic can-do attitude.
- A keen interest in IT, proficiency in Jaspersoft and / or Microsoft Excel would be beneficial
- Project management and problem solving skills.
- A willingness to learn and develop to help find practical solutions. Training and support will be given on our software systems.
What can I expect?
- This is a Full-Time post of 37 hours per week.
- Hybrid working with a mix of home based, with all equipment provided, and working from our modern office (Wakefield One, next to Westgate Station)
- 28-30* days of Holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays. *Grade Depended.
- Training and ongoing support
- Discounted and subsidised public transport (Arriva Bus Annual Travel Ticket, Northern Trains Limited (NTL), MetroCard)
- The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Great range of benefits including discounted membership to our excellent leisure facilities with free 12 weeks exercise program with a dedicated personal trainer, discounts for a range of retail, entertainment, health and leisure providers, cycle to work scheme and many more.
We would be happy to consider job-share applications for 18.5 hours each week or other part-time working hours.
Review of the job from the previous postholder:
“I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for the Environmental Health team at Wakefield. The different teams that I worked with were both friendly and welcoming. The management team were supportive and willing to listen to advice for improvements. I was provided with ample opportunity to grow and develop both professionally and personally. The service has a good approach to flexible and remote working, and this gave me the opportunity to thrive.”
Please contact Aron Wilkinson the current post holder on 07464 917223 or Jill Edmondson Environmental Health Service Manager on 07810 152583 if you are interested in applying and have any questions.
Want to Know More?
If you would like to know more about the role, the recruitment process or working for Wakefield Council feel free to contact Ruth Rhodes.
Business Solutions Officer July 2022.doc
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.