- Are you looking for flexible working arrangements?
- Do you have excellent organisational skills and an interest in diary and event management?
- Are you able to display tact, diplomacy and resilience when dealing with difficult situations?
If you answered yes, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for someone to provide administrative and business support to the Mayoralty and Democratic Services functions at Richmond.
The purpose of the role:
The post provides support to the Mayors Support Officer with planning and organising civic functions and mayoral events and engagements. The role also provides support to the Richmond Democratic Services team which includes assisting with School Appeals and the organising and webcasting of Council meetings.
- Assists with managing the mayors’ event diary obtaining and checking booking forms from event organisers, checking event information, attending and managing diary meetings e.g., times, requirement for speeches, assignment of drivers etc.
- Assist in the hosting and attending of events as required (this may involve food preparation and serving, clearing away afterwards and occasional evening and weekend working)
- Undertake tasks relating to general administrative and business support to the Mayoralty and Democratic Services Teams in the Chief Executive’s Group.
- Provides webcasting support to Richmond committee meetings organising the rota and liaising with the supplier and FMS.
- You will have a full clean UK driving licence with no endorsements or penalty points.
- You will demonstrate a strong focus on customer care, be able to display tact, diplomacy and resilience when dealing with difficult situations.
- You will project a confident and professional image when in the public arena and/or dealing with large groups of people.
- You will be able to assist with the delivery of events and meetings.
- You will be easily contactable to arrange work duties and able to work evenings and weekends sometimes.
Please read the job description and person specification where full details of the post requirements can be found.
For an informal discussion please contact Michelle Beaumont, Mayoralty and Business Manager,
firstname.lastname@example.org. / 07748 657 854.
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.