Within the Highways Directorate we are looking for an enthusiastic, customer focused person to join the service, supporting the Highways Inspection team based out of Stonegravels Depot, Chesterfield.
You will be primarily involved in supporting a small team of highways inspectors undertaking routine safety inspections on our road network, undertaking driving duties for Inspectors and assisting customer enquiries to ensure the successful delivery of the Council's duties and responsibilities as Highway Authority, and provide a safe and reliable network for all users.
You will support with the implementation of service improvements and excellent customer care, and work within a team to contribute and achieve required performance targets. You will be actively involved in dealing with supporting the service with a safe and timely response to incidents on the road network.
We offer a friendly and supportive working environment, a variety of Derbyshire based work, flexible working hours and the opportunity to develop yourself and your career.
Benefits of working for us include:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days of annual leave plus another 5 once you reach 5 years of continuous service
- Flexi time allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month
- Free car parking at most sites
- Commitment to your continuing professional development with ongoing training opportunities
- Occupational Health service
- Physiotherapy Service
- An in-house counselling service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discount on leisure centre memberships
- And much more.
Would you like to know what it’s like to be part of our team? You can see what our team have to say here.
Should you wish to discuss this opportunity, then please contact Alan Tulloch on 07831 400186
Job and Person Profile
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.