The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
The Key purpose of the post, as set out within the Job Profile, is as follows:
- To provide a personal, first point of contact for Adult Services Health and Wellbeing Department, following the principles of Home First to all customers, both general public and professionals requiring assistance with personal care, caring responsibilities, equipment solutions, safeguarding concerns or information and advice on statutory and voluntary agencies and other local activities.
- To ensure that strength based motivational approaches are used to ensure the wellbeing and wellness of individuals. To encourage service users to self-care and support healthier lives.·
- To be aware of performance in using strength based approaches, motivational interviewing and coaching techniques signpost callers to a range of resources including universal services, through to specialist commissioned provision.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone seeking a career in adult social care. The role involves working alongside a range of social care professionals including social workers and occupational therapists and health colleagues .
In addition to the main responsibilities of the post, as detailed within the Job Profile, the key competency we would also be looking for in a suitable candidate would be:
· Acts with courtesy and professionalism at all times
· Treats people in ways which ensures fair access to services
· Shows resilience under pressure and in the face of change
· Adapts working practices in line with changing service needs
· Effectively communicates with customers, seeking and responding to views
· Is a positive representative of the council
· Communicates openly, honestly and effectively
· Is open to new ideas and encourages others to adopt change
· Considers diverse needs of our communities
· Works collaboratively within and across teams/services
Independence Advisor - JP.doc
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.