The Schools HR Team is a high performing traded service, working in partnership with school leaders to resolve complex HR issues. We are looking for an experienced HR Manager to cover the maternity leave of a colleague within the team, to maintain the high quality service that we provide to over 550 schools.
Using your well-developed professional HR experience, often in difficult circumstances, you will be able to identify creative HR solutions to address a range of HR challenges and people issues, and we hope that you will use your customer-focused attitude to contribute to the success of the team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertake and effectively manage serious and complex casework, providing high quality HR advice, predominantly in the allocated geographic area
- To undertake the review, development and implementation of HR policies and procedures
- To work effectively with the trade unions to promote positive employee relations
- To develop and deliver training and development to headteachers, governors and other school leaders
- To ensure continuous improvement of the schools HR team service offer and identify new business opportunities as they arise
What we are looking for:
- Sound knowledge of employment law, effective people management practices and of local/national issues affecting the management of schools and the conditions of service of school teachers
- Experience of successfully developing HR policies and procedures
- Recent experience of performing successfully in a similar role in a diverse, complex and challenging environment
- Well developed communication skills, with confidence in and accountability for the advice and guidance provided
- Ability to display resilience, energy and reliability in pressured situations
- CIPD qualified or have the equivalent recent relevant experience
- Ability to drive and access to a vehicle for work
- Flexibility to attend meetings occasionally outside of normal office hours, including meetings of school governing boards, as required
If you would like an informal discussion about the role, please contact Karen Tracey, Schools HR Manager, on 01772 535175.
Please ensure you have uploaded and attached your supporting statement to evidence how you meet the criteria for the role. The panel may be unable to shortlist you for interview without this evidence.
Job Description & Person Specification