We’re looking for experienced Roadworker LGV Drivers to be part of the Highways Construction Services team undertaking planned highway, bridge and related construction and reconstruction projects, within our beautiful county of Derbyshire.
This position provides an exciting opportunity to develop how Derbyshire’s highway network is managed and developed in the future, as part of the Council’s Highways transformation programme.
You will be working in a high-profile area of the business that is front and centre in terms of the Council’s Service Plan forming part of a motivated team who strive to achieve improved performance in service delivery embracing new technologies and best working practices.
You will assist in the delivery of allocated schemes, working in teams to complete work within prescribed timescales to the required standard, providing value for money.
What will you be doing?
- Assist the Project Chargehand undertaking and reviewing risk assessments, and devising and implementing safe systems of work for employees and sub-contractors, to produce a high level of site safety at all times
- Using a variety of vehicles and specialised plant and equipment the activities range from drainage, road resurfacing, manhole construction, kerbing, fencing, flag and block laying, structural concreting to patching.
- Assist the implementation and management of traffic control measures to ensure the free and safe movement of traffic, so minimising disruption to the travelling public
- You’ll be part of a mandatory rota to deliver winter maintenance (gritting and snow clearing) and to respond to emergencies, outside normal working hours, for which you’ll receive additional overtime and standby pay.
We’d like to hear from you if you have:
- A full driving licence LGV C, C+E, G
- Experience in highways maintenance and construction services.
- The ability to work safely and competently to meet performance and quality standards, maintain good relationships with the public and keep traffic flowing freely.
- Use of a range of construction vehicles, plant equipment and materials
These lists are not exhaustive, take a look at our comprehensive job profile for more detail (his position is known internally as Roadworker/Driver).
What we offer you:
- 25 days of annual leave (plus another 5 with 5 years of continuous service)
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- Derbyshire based work locations
- The opportunity to develop yourself and your career with ongoing training opportunities
- Regular standard working hours (typically 8:00am until 4:00pm)
- Additional overtime and standby payments for working out of hours
- Defined Benefit Local Government Pension Scheme
- A comprehensive wellbeing package including physio, counselling & occupational health
- Discount on leisure centre memberships
- And much more.
If you would like to have an informal chat about this role, get in touch with Simon Rogers, email@example.com or Steve Brandrick on 07766 726123
Job and Person Profile
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.