Within the Highways Maintenance Team we are looking for an enthusiastic, customer focused and experienced persons to join the Service, delivering highways inspections.
This is an exciting time to join one of the country’s leading public sector in-house Highways Services, we’re paving the way for new and innovative approaches to delivering our services as we move onto the delivery phase of our Future Highways Model which shows the commitment to our in-house teams.
The successful applicant will support with the implementation of service improvements and excellent customer care, and work within a team to contribute and achieve required performance targets. You will support our area-based highways maintenance team based at our Willington Depot.
You will be joining a team of eager and ambitious technicians and engineers and have a manager who is supportive and keen to facilitate your development.
What will I be doing?
- Undertaking routine and ad-hoc risk based inspections of our road network.
- Recording and issue of repairs to be undertaken on the road network
- Providing technical advice and support on highways maintenance activities
- Providing responses to enquiries from customers and service users.
What skills and experience do I need to have?
- Technical and practical problem solving skills
- Skills and experience in relation to highway inspections, or similar areas of work where these skills are transferable.
- Understanding of highway related legislation and responsibilities
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Full driving Licence
These lists are not exhaustive, take a look at our comprehensive job profile for more detail
You will work closely with other Services within the Highways Division to continually develop service improvement and efficiencies whilst embracing new technologies and best working practices.
We offer a friendly and supportive working environment, a variety of Derbyshire based work, flexible working hours and the opportunity to develop yourself and your career.
Benefits of working for us include:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days of annual leave plus another 5 once you reach 5 years of continuous service
- Flexi time allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month
- Free car parking at most sites
- Commitment to your continuing professional development with ongoing training opportunities
- Occupational Health service
- Physiotherapy Service
- An in-house counselling service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discount on leisure centre memberships
- And much more.
Would you like to know what it’s like to be part of our team? You can see what our team have to say here.
This Inspector role is contractually based in Ambergate, Derbyshire, but as part of our Modern Ways of Working programme we are currently working on a hybrid basis. There'll be an opportunity to discuss future working arrangements at interview.
Should you wish to discuss this opportunity, then please contact Alan Tulloch on 07831 400186 or Rob Greatorex on 07901 517855.
Job and Person Profile
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.