Within the Highways Maintenance Team we are looking for an enthusiastic, customer focused and experienced person to join the Service, to lead a team of Inspectors who deliver the New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA) Inspections and undertaking Permit Inspections.
The successful applicant will support with the implementation of service improvements and excellent customer care, and work within a team to contribute and achieve required performance targets. You will support our area-based highways maintenance team throughout the County.
This is an exciting time to join our in-house Highways Service as we move onto the delivery phase of our Future Highways Model which is designed to ensure we’re paving the way for new and innovative approaches to delivering our services and shows the commitment to our in-house teams.
You will be joining a team of eager and ambitious technicians and engineers and have a manager who is supportive and keen to facilitate your development.
What will I be doing?
- Motivating, supporting and mentoring a team and be responsible for leading and supporting Highway Inspectors, Technicians, Trainees and Apprentices ensuring appropriate training and personal development is being undertaken
- To be the technical lead on all activities relating to the duties and responsibilities placed upon the Council as Highway Authority also in accordance with NRSWA
- Monitoring utility works and street works activity on our road network
- Liaison with Utilities to ensure works are undertaken to specification
- Providing responses to enquiries from customers and service users
- Supervise and monitor resources to ensure maximum value for money is achieved and priorities are addressed within available budgets/resources
What skills and experience do I need to have?
- NRSWA Supervisor Accreditation card
- Technical and practical problem solving skills
- Skills and experience in relation to highway inspections, or similar areas of work where these skills are transferable
- Sound knowledge of the principles, techniques, procedures and activities associated with highway maintenance/NRSWA
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Full driving Licence
These lists are not exhaustive, take a look at our comprehensive job profile for more detail
You will work closely with other Services within the Highways Division to continually develop service improvement and efficiencies whilst embracing new technologies and best working practices.
We offer a friendly and supportive working environment, a variety of Derbyshire based work, flexible working hours and the opportunity to develop yourself and your career.
Would you like to know what it’s like to be part of our team? You can see what our team have to say here.
Benefits of working for us include:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 27 days of annual leave plus another 5 once you reach 5 years of continuous service
- Flexi time allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month
- Free car parking at most sites
- Commitment to your continuing professional development with ongoing training opportunities
- Occupational Health service
- Physiotherapy Service
- An in-house counselling service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discount on leisure centre membership
- And much more.
This role is contractually based at County Hall, Matlock, Derbyshire, but as part of our Modern Ways of Working programme we are currently working on a hybrid basis. There'll be an opportunity to discuss future working arrangements at interview.
Should you wish to discuss this opportunity, then please contact Alan Tulloch on 07831 400186 or Rob Greatorex on 07901 517855.
Job and Person Profile
To apply please click the Apply Now link below.